What's The Most Enjoyable PS4 Game?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3max.jpg

This is another good rec. Combat gets a little repetitive though.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I've played several titles on the squad, and I'm looking for an experience like Ratchet and Clank(easy to figure out, fun, story doesn't take it self seriously). UC4; Infamous SS, Horizon, and Witcher 3 were all decent to great but didn't provide the fun factor that R&C did.

I was hoping Knack 2 would fill that void, but he reviews paint it as just decent, so what's a good game that fits the description above?
Rayman legends
Owlboy
Dead Rising 4
Titanfall 2
Rocket league
Just Cause 3
Shadow warrior 2
Borderlands
Darksiders
Roblox(free)
Transformers Devastation

All games that fit the bill for you. Great games that put fun first.

My favorite style of game, so I'm sure you will enjoy all of these.

It's a shame that you're only looking for PS4 games, as the most similar games to ratchet and clank are Sunset Overdrive and Recore which are not on PS4.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Until dawn does not fit the description :stopitslime:
He described something closer to Super Lucky's Tale

And you also mentioned super mega baseball. Not MLB tho :ohhh:
Super mega is fun, but it's far from easy

It is what you make of it though. If you dont adjust the difficulty it is brain dead easy. I keep upping the difficulty whenever I find myself massacring the opposition. But was hard to find the sweet spot for me. For every adjustment of 5-10, only takes a few games til I'm dominating that difficulty (I remember the jump from 35-45 being tremendous). Now my settling is on difficulty 80 and thats been feeling the best for me. :whew:

Still get blowouts, but more close games and occasional L's if I aint on my shyt. I worry that higher than 80 is just cheap. Underrated game. Good for when you wanna chill and listen to a podcast or audiobook.

BLΔCK⁂W⊙LF

All Star
Daps
To the OP, you should play Horizon Zero Dawn. But since you want more of a platformer you should try out Gravity Rush 2 (try the remastered version as well if you haven't played it)

Now on Xbox, I'd suggest sunset overdrive, Ori, Cuphead, Ryse even fits. There's also a ton of games on sale right now. Mirrors edge catalyst is $5, golden axe collection is $2.50, so is streets of rage collection, metal slug is $1.25

This guy... :comeon:

Nobody wants to play those wack games. :hhh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
To the OP, you should play Horizon Zero Dawn. But since you want more of a platformer you should try out Gravity Rush 2 (try the remastered version as well if you haven't played it)

The thread starter requested the games you said nobody wants to play. The problem is most people don't realize you refer to yourself in 3rd person alot. You'll play those games one day :takedat:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yakuza 0 is what your looking for, it's a mix of serious, not too serious, goofy and good story telling and a Lot of game depth and content

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Watch dogs 2.

The first is dog shyt.

But the 2nd is one of the funnest games I've played this Gen. It's lengthy,story doesn't take itself too seriously,the game play is fun and addictive and gives you different ways to play. Highly recommend it.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rayman legends
Owlboy
Dead Rising 4
Titanfall 2
Rocket league
Just Cause 3
Shadow warrior 2
Borderlands
Darksiders
Roblox(free)
Transformers Devastation

All games that fit the bill for you. Great games that put fun first.

My favorite style of game, so I'm sure you will enjoy all of these.

It's a shame that you're only looking for PS4 games, as the most similar games to ratchet and clank are Sunset Overdrive and Recore which are not on PS4.

Recore is ass though, so why would you recommend it?

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He'll find Gravity Rush 2 frustrating though, and the story line is very serious.

Dude wants easy to pick up and fun games with minimal difficulty.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not ass at all.

It's probably the most similar game to Ratchet and Clank out right now.

Game was a decent idea but it's got some fukking stupid design decisions. :francis:

Sunset Overdrive is still a the GOAT-tier shooter/action platformer on Xbox :blessed:

Artificially inflated game world, exploration with contextual robot companions that you might not realize you need (Out of 4-5) so you'll have to do a bunch of backtracking across a relatively boring world with average platforming, and decent but simple gameplay.

And any game that takes you to the final level and then tells you that you need to complete more optional objectives in your boring ass world before finishing the level can go fukk right off.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Game was a decent idea but it's got some fukking stupid design decisions. :francis:

Sunset Overdrive is still a the GOAT-tier shooter/action platformer on Xbox :blessed:

Artificially inflated game world, exploration with contextual robot companions that you might not realize you need (Out of 4-5) so you'll have to do a bunch of backtracking across a relatively boring world with average platforming, and decent but simple gameplay.

And any game that takes you to the final level and then tells you that you need to complete more optional objectives in your boring ass world before finishing the level can go fukk right off.
Most of this has been fixed with the update

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Most of this has been fixed with the update
How recent was the update. Last time I played recore was some months ago and it still suffered from a generic, most unpopulated boring world, massive back tracking, boring level design, and hit and miss companion Ai.
The game is decent but not on par with the polish of R&C.
I'd like to see a recore sequel since what they already did is a strong foundation.