What's the Max Length of Time You're Staying in a Relationship without a Proposal?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
My friend and I started discussing this after seeing one of the opening scenes in a movie where a woman was complaining that her boyfriend hadn't proposed yet. I think 3 years is my max. After that I'm dipping. My friend said 1.5 years was her absolute max. :huhldup: What's yours?

Last edited:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:usure:If she ain't putting a ring on my finger when all my friends are getting hitched, Imma give her the "Hey, you" and a "Bye, boo."

Ain't nobody got time for a long engagement.:wrist:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
:usure:If she ain't putting a ring on my finger when all my friends are getting hitched, Imma give her the "Hey, you" and a "Bye, boo."

Ain't nobody got time for a long engagement.:wrist:
Long engagements are good though. A year is ideal.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think anybody should get commit to someone ( whether through marriage or just a basic mutual understanding) before 2 or 3 have passed, gotta give time for that infatuation stage to pass and see if you really feel secure and attached to that person. The infatuation stage is almost like a high, and who makes good, well thought out decisions when they're high:usure:?

and to add, no one should ever get married before they're 25.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
A year :dahell: I dont know that woman after a year. Unless we were friends for years ahead of time. Any woman serious trying to get that out of me after a year is going to be sorely disappointed.
No. lol I mean you date for however many years then you get engaged, and you're engaged for a year until you get married.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No. lol I mean you date for however many years then you get engaged, and you're engaged for a year until you get married.
In that case I can rock with that. Marriage is a huge commitment and I'm not commiting to shyt without getting some mileage first.

Queen

CEO of #GPB
Daps
Reppin
Truth and logic
I don't think anybody should get commit to someone ( whether through marriage or just a basic mutual understanding) before 2 or 3 have passed, gotta give time for that infatuation stage to pass and see if you really feel secure and attached to that person. The infatuation stage is almost like a high, and who makes good, well thought out decisions when they're high:usure:?

Negged.

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots

yeah, I want it to be several years down the line, and we just look up and realize all the time that passed and be like "you're still here, huh :pachaha:"

Lana del Rey

Only the ocean can separate us....
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Maybe about 4 or 5 years.... If we ain't engaged by then that means we're never going to be engaged so it would be best for the both of us if we just move on.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
If marriage is what I'm going for we would have already talked about the direction they would like to see this go . So, after 3 years that's it for me. You should know by then if I'm who you would marry or not.