What's The Graphics King Of Next-Gen So Far: Demon's Souls (PS5) or The Medium (Series X)?

which is the better looking exclusive?

• Dark Souls

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • The Medium

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Demons souls is easily the “worst” in the series.

The remake did nothing to improve the gameplay or level design.

Souls games have gotten much better since demons souls came out.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I mean this is literally no comparison. Demon Souls is one of the best looking games out right now. Lol. nikkas buggin out. The Medium don’t even look better than Red Dead Redemption 2.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean this is literally no comparison. Demon Souls is one of the best looking games out right now. Lol. nikkas buggin out. The Medium don’t even look better than Red Dead Redemption 2.

...and its far from red dead redemption 2. Look at the screenshot i posted, low res/flat looking textures, no real shadows, highlights, or ambient lighting, bad anti-aliasing.

I’d probably put it on the level of the first tomb raider reboot

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Demons souls is easily the “worst” in the series.

The remake did nothing to improve the gameplay or level design.

Souls games have gotten much better since demons souls came out.

Let's pretend for a moment even if your opinion of that was "true". It still is the game that single handedly created the sub-genre and birth many clones after it. It's like faux bytching about Megaman 1 or Super Mario 1 being the "worst" in their series. Who gives a flying fukk really when it's a classic. And lets act like if this comment isn't only made cuz it's playstation exclusive and if it was the other way around, it'd never been said by you, fool.

It didn't holistically change the foundation of those aspects because it absolutely didn't need to (also, the purists would've bytched even moreso). However, the mirror mode is technically a level design change that wasn't in the original, the frame rate increase and upgraded animations improves the gameplay experience, so that's a bit false.

The future successors rightfully should have improved upon the formula, as that's the par of the course. First in the series is innovation. The rest irons out the kinks and renovates. It is what it is.

Oh and M$ stans.:mjgrin::mjcry:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Let's pretend for a moment even if your opinion of that was "true". It still is the game that single handedly created the sub-genre and birth many clones after it. It's like faux bytching about Megaman 1 or Super Mario 1 being the "worst" in their series. Who gives a flying fukk really when it's a classic.
So what? We are talking about a remake here. If someone makes a faithful 1 to 1 remake of SMB it would be cool for nostalgia reasons but Super Mario World would still damn sure be the better game.

And lets act like if this comment isn't only made cuz it's playstation exclusive and if it was the other way around, it'd never been said by you, fool.
No that’s you stans now pretending demon souls is this amazing game when most of you never even cared about the original. I was one of the few to actually buy and care about demons souls the original. All this stanning over the remake is console wars when 99% of you didn’t and won’t even finish the game, fool :stopitslime:

It didn't holistically change the foundation of those aspects because it absolutely didn't need to (also, the purists would've bytched even moreso).
Yeah it did need to. Which is why From improved on the formula in every way in subsequent games. A “faithful” remake is cool for nostalgia reasons, but it doesn’t change the fact that the other souls games were better.

However, the mirror mode is technically a level design change that wasn't in the original, the frame rate increase and upgraded animations improves the gameplay experience, so that's a bit false.
Stop it. Upping the framerate don’t change the core gameplay:stopitslime:

It may be the best way to play demon souls, but again that don’t make it better than other games in the series.

The future successors rightfully should have improved upon the formula, as that's the par of the course. First in the series is innovation. The rest irons out the kinks and renovates. It is what it is.
So if you agree with me, why you type out all that shyt above??

Sony stans :mjlol:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
So what? We are talking about a remake here. If someone makes a faithful 1 to 1 remake of SMB it would be cool for nostalgia reasons but Super Mario World would still damn sure be the better game.

In the sake of SMB to SMW, that might ring true, only cuz comparatively, the level of both what's more added to the game and the gaming technology gap was wider. Which isn't the case in the Souls series at all thus far.

No that’s you stans now pretending demon souls is this amazing game when most of you never even cared about the original. I was one of the few to actually buy and care about demons souls the original. All this stanning over the remake is console wars when 99% of you didn’t and won’t even finish the game, fool :stopitslime:

It always was an amazing, genre-defining, classick game. True, it didn't get it's proper recognition the first time out, most in part in cuz of its stark contrast to conventional gaming at the time and difficulty. Perfect reason for it to be revitalized here and now in the first place. We know you suspiciously don't care for remakes/remasters only when it's created by Sony tho and the roots of why that is. So all this stanning against them is :comeon:.

And also, who's pretending ya bish:

hUhpcA0.jpg

hKaFVYj.jpg

Imported bought practically day 1, fool.

Yeah it did need to. Which is why From improved on the formula in every way in subsequent games. A “faithful” remake is cool for nostalgia reasons, but it doesn’t change the fact that the other souls games were better.

No it really didn't need it. Considering the original wasn't as experienced, so the core experience of that should remain unchanged. This isn't FFVII where the game was made so long ago and massively played worldwide that its remake warrants drastic changes. And FromSoft improved on the formula cuz that's what sequels do. The core formula of the actual Souls games are pretty much the same. The new additions to each sequel are both to be expected and what makes each game stand out from each other, which is all the more reason that the original remains unchanged at its core. They also are rated among purists in varying order for that reason as well, so which is better is highly subjective. Good for you that you think its lowest ranking one (you also "suspiciously":leostare::mjlol: be saying the same slighted shyt about Bloodborne being the next "weakest" in line and we all know why, fool:unimpressed:; many feel that's actually Dark Souls 2, but whatever).

This is why I wrote all that shyt above, since you asked, cuz even with their to be expected extra polish and improvements with each new iteration, it's still very subjective if they're outright better or which ones are heralded as the favorite among them more than most series of games since each game all across FromSoft's post Souls creations all have their stellar and unique qualities about them, with Bloodborne and Sekiro being the ones most deviations from the core of their games.

Stop it. Upping the framerate don’t change the core gameplay:stopitslime:

It may be the best way to play demon souls, but again that don’t make it better than other games in the series.

Shiiieeeetttt....it helps it tremendously nonetheless. Framerate in some of the old games were damn near unplayable at times (Blight Town!). The experience being so much better on both framerate and gfx makes it a lot more playable, which is crucial to overall experience. I got current records of DS1 remastered and DS3 right now on the PS5 and they look horrible comparatively. Most especially DS1. Despite it being remastered and it looks about as good it can without a total graphical overhaul, it still just looks pretty ugly. The art-style is showing is age and its not one that aged all that well IMO. Even the much newer DS3, while impressive in its own right and obviously at least previous gen gfx-cally, it looks very drab in comparison tho.

So if you agree with me, why you type out all that shyt above??

Sony stans :mjlol:

M$ stans.:mjcry::mjgrin:

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
In the sake of SMB to SMW, that might ring true, only cuz comparatively, the level of both what's more added to the game and the gaming technology gap was wider. Which isn't the case in the Souls series at all thus far.

It always was an amazing, genre-defining, classick game. True, it didn't get it's proper recognition the first time out, most in part in cuz of its stark contrast to conventional gaming at the time and difficulty. Perfect reason for it to be revitalized here and now in the first place. We know you suspiciously don't care for remakes/remasters only when it's created by Sony tho and the roots of why that is. So all this stanning against them is :comeon:.

And also, who's pretending ya bish:

hUhpcA0.jpg

hKaFVYj.jpg

Imported bought practically day 1, fool.

No it really didn't need it. Considering the original wasn't as experienced, so the core experience of that should remain unchanged. This isn't FFVII where the game was made so long ago and massively played worldwide that its remake warrants drastic changes. And FromSoft improved on the formula cuz that's what sequels do. The core formula of the actual Souls games are pretty much the same. The new additions to each sequel are both to be expected and what makes each game stand out from each other, which is all the more reason that the original remains unchanged at its core. They also are rated among purists in varying order for that reason as well, so which is better is highly subjective. Good for you that you think its lowest ranking one (you also "suspiciously":leostare::mjlol: be saying the same slighted shyt about Bloodborne being the next "weakest in line and we all know why, fool:unimpressed:many feel that's actually Dark Souls 2, but whatever).

This is why I wrote all that shyt above, since you asked, cuz even with their to be expected extra polish and improvements with each new iteration, it's still very subjective if they're outright better or which ones are heralded as the favorite among them more than most series of games since each game all across FromSoft's post Souls creations all have their stellar and unique qualities about them, with Bloodborne and Sekiro being the ones most deviations from the core of their games.

Shiiieeeetttt....it helps it tremendously nonetheless. Framerate in some of the old games were damn near unplayable at times (Blight Town!). The experience being so much better on both framerate and gfx makes it a lot more playable, which is crucial to overall experience. I got current records of DS1 remastered and DS3 right now on the PS5 and they look horrible comparatively. Most especially DS1. Despite it being remastered and it looks about as it can without a total graphical overhaul, it still just looks pretty ugly. The art-style is showing is age and its not one that aged all that well IMO. Even the much newer DS3, while impressive in its own right and obviously at least previous gen gfx-cally, it looks very drab in comparison tho.

M$ stans.:mjcry::mjgrin:

Damn man you did a lot of typing. Not really interested in getting into it that deep.:francis:

My original points is facts. Demon souls is the “worst” in the series. And I don’t mean it’s a bad game but if one of them was gonna get a AAA graphical update most people other than you Sony stans would pick something other than Demons Souls.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Demon Souls easy, but it's too bad you gotta run it on the lower setting to get 60 FPS. Buying a PS5 Pro on Day 1 if I can get everything all at once.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Damn man you did a lot of typing. Not really interested in getting into it that deep.:francis:

My original points is facts. Demon souls is the “worst” in the series. And I don’t mean it’s a bad game but if one of them was gonna get a AAA graphical update most people other than you Sony stans would pick something other than Demons Souls.

Mmm hmm.

Ain't no facts. It's opinion and not one that's universally shared in the slightest. And who is most peope? Randoms? Casuals? Actual Souls fans? Purists? It's the one most needing of a sequel considering its the most overlooked one and one of the more dated ones. I think DS1 and 2 could/should get this treatment of gfx overhaul as well and I'd likely buy them in a heartbeat too. DS3 could fair from a next-now current gen version too, but it's not as needed. It'd be nice tho, I suppose. The character creator editor alone needs it. Just look at how horrible my dude here is.

ErKDeP5UUAIFRLE

Demon Souls easy, but it's too bad you gotta run it on the lower setting to get 60 FPS. Buying a PS5 Pro on Day 1 if I can get everything all at once.

The lowest setting still looks damn phenomenal tho. The difference gfx to fps wise, it's way more noticeable on the fps than the gfx side.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Mmm hmm.

Ain't no facts. It's opinion and not one that's universally shared in the slightest. And who is most peope? Randoms? Casuals? Actual Souls fans? Purists?
Everybody, including you if this wasn’t a “PS5 launch title” :stopitslime:

It's the one most needing of a sequel considering its the most overlooked one and one of the more dated ones.
Well this ain’t no damn sequel. If it was I’d be fully on board. Or any new game in the souls series really. This remaster is no different than the DS1 remaster to me other than its a worse game:manny:

I think DS1 and 2 could/should get this treatment of gfx overhaul as well and I'd likely buy them in a heartbeat too. DS3 could fair from a next-now current gen version too, but it's not as needed. It'd be nice tho, I suppose. The character creator editor alone needs it. Just look at how horrible my dude here is.

ErKDeP5UUAIFRLE

The lowest setting still looks damn phenomenal tho. The difference gfx to fps wise, it's way more noticeable on the fps than the gfx side.
Don’t think it’s needed TBH games aren’t that old and they can be played at 60fps and above right now. Shiny graphics are cool, but that ain’t really what souls is about :manny:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Everybody, including you if this wasn’t a “PS5 launch title” :stopitslime:

Well this ain’t no damn sequel. If it was I’d be fully on board. Or any new game in the souls series really. This remaster is no different than the DS1 remaster to me other than its a worse game:manny:

Don’t think it’s needed TBH games aren’t that old and they can be played at 60fps and above right now. Shiny graphics are cool, but that ain’t really what souls is about :manny:

You know damn well I meant remake, not sequel. Typo, fool. And no, I wouldn't outright request any specific one to having a remake of this magnitude. All could use it tho.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You know damn well I meant remake, not sequel. Typo, fool. And no, I wouldn't outright request any specific one to having a remake of this magnitude. All could use it tho.
Nah, I really thought you ment sequel. To me that would have been a huge deal. This was like “meh” same reaction I had to the DS1 re-release even though I think that’s a much better game :manny: