What's The Graphics King Of Next-Gen So Far: Demon's Souls (PS5) or The Medium (Series X)?

which is the better looking exclusive?

• Dark Souls

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • The Medium

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
they both look kray :ohhh:

for anyone that's played both, what looks better?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The medium doesn’t even look great as a last gen game. Hellblade looks better

the-medium-xbox-games-showcase-screenshots_qk6a.jpg

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They’re both impressive in their own right but it’s not really an apples to apples comparison. One is a remaster of an old game and the other one is rendering two playable worlds simultaneously that you have to switch back and forth between while playing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They’re both impressive in their own right but it’s not really an apples to apples comparison. One is a remaster of an old game and the other one is rendering two playable worlds simultaneously that you have to switch back and forth between while playing.

I watched a playthrough and i didn’t even seem like the split gameplay was even used that much

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I watched a playthrough and i didn’t even seem like the split gameplay was even used that much
I find it hard to believe you watched a whole playthrough and think that:patrice: because it’s pretty prevalent even within the first few hours of gameplay. All the puzzles and paths to new areas use the mechanic in one way or another

But of course I know you watched it from a totally unbiased viewpoint with all the intentions of giving it a fair chance so who am I to question you? :troll:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Both games look beautiful but I’d give the graphics nod to Demon’s Souls.

Aren’t both games, gameplay wise, just average? Like neither of these titles got any GOTY nominations. But because they’re they’re the only true next-gen exclusives we have to argue which is better?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Both games look beautiful but I’d give the graphics nod to Demon’s Souls.

Aren’t both games, gameplay wise, just average? Like neither of these titles got any GOTY nominations. But because they’re they’re the only true next-gen exclusives we have to argue which is better?

Comparing the gameplay of demons souls to the medium is wild. Souls games are primarily rated on their gameplay. Theres no story and theres maybe 2 cutscenes in the entire game. There’s no argument to be made here. Demon’s souls is rated highly by critics and audience, it sits at a 92 on MC.

The Medium is a 71 on MC. It’s really not a discussion

Also how is this even a comparison.

demons-souls-ps5-remake.jpg

the-medium-bloober-team-conferma-4k-30fps-xbox-series-x-v3-459474-1280x720.jpg

The medium looks like a switch game

Last edited: