What's the Arcadium's consensus on MMOs? :Lupe

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
With gaming being so mainstream now and games being easier to get.. with World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Fortnite, Call of Duty, etc is being a female gamer really a rare thing in 2018 :jbhmm:

Back in 2000-2005 id say it was rare. But in 2018 id say that rarity is gone and majority of girls up until about age 25 or so probably play sometype of games..

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
With gaming being so mainstream now and games being easier to get.. with World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Fortnite, Call of Duty, etc is being a female gamer really a rare thing in 2018 :jbhmm:

Back in 2000-2005 id say it was rare. But in 2018 id say that rarity is gone and majority of girls up until about age 25 or so probably play sometype of games..

I never understood this whole "omgz you'z a real girl gamer" shyt when I grew up with jawns that actually played video games. Hell, I had exes who game on the regular. Just because it wasn't out in the opening doesn't mean that women that game don't exist:ld:.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I never understood this whole "omgz you'z a real girl gamer" shyt when I grew up with jawns that actually played video games. Hell, I had exes who game on the regular. Just because it wasn't out in the opening doesn't mean that women that game don't exist:ld:.
Yeah, there are actually a lot of female gamers. They play different games than men, but they still game. I think it's almost a given that girls play games. I support it :obama:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Yeah, there are actually a lot of female gamers. They play different games than men, but they still game. I think it's almost a given that girls play games. I support it :obama:

1429051957978.gif

What you did, I see it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Its a bit crazy, but MMOs reaaaaally gotta click with you out the gate on multiple levels

you gotta like the world
the characters
the battle flow
all levels of gameplay, from combat to crafting to economy to meta
the progression flow
the power creep
the search for the rare
the community
the design
the dev feedback/communication
the update pace/content introduction
the interface
the third party overlap

man.... but if you find something that hits all those things, your fukking life will change :mjlol: i was in deep with DC universe for maybe 3 years or so, from day one on. madness. i do my heaviest gaming when i'm sidelined with injuries or health related stuff - so its kinda funny. my friends think i go through serious depression (and i do, i'm used to being physically confident and assertive... anyone who's ever been hurt knows that change up is rough) but to keep it 100 its just easier to stretch out mentally when you're online heavy like that. have a lot of conversations, meet people, etc you wouldn't normally and really expand your bubble in topics and tones you'd never normally come across

i've made friends for life fukking around online. honestly better friends than i've met in person now that i think about it.

crazy thing is, one of the first things my baby sister asked me to buy for her was a 20 dollar runescape card. she never even knew i was in deep like that but it was kinda dope seeing she was getting into the same online stuff while keeping a healthy social scene like i did.

i also had her facebook/IM password so i could see if she was getting into any dumb shyt :birdman: but its dope if you find something that clicks.... but yeah, if those things above don't click? COMPLETE waste of time.

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Rose Online back in 04" , shyt had me hooked until WoW came out and that shyt completely took over everything but idk man mmo's these days are harder to sell for me. Being online with hundreds and thousands of ppl these days ain't all that impressive anymore, i think that what gave mmo's its :banderas: factor. Back in the day that shyt was amazing and people actually socialized and explored. I think the next big MMO have to make being in a server with thousands of people appealing, world pvp zones is a must. Maybe take something from this Battle Royale craze and make use of all of the negative space on the map. Good design is a must and gameplay has gotta have some depth

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Rose Online back in 04" , shyt had me hooked until WoW came out and that shyt completely took over everything but idk man mmo's these days are harder to sell for me. Being online with hundreds and thousands of ppl these days ain't all that impressive anymore, i think that what gave mmo's its :banderas: factor. Back in the day that shyt was amazing and people actually socialized and explored. I think the next big MMO have to make being in a server with thousands of people appealing, world pvp zones is a must. Maybe take something from this Battle Royale craze and make use of all of the negative space on the map. Good design is a must and gameplay has gotta have some depth

The problem with MMOs beyond the massive population being kinda outdated at this point, is the fact that there's no more immersion. You play one MMO, you seem to play them all at this point. Plus it doesn't help that most MMOs nowadays focus on nonsensical grind, rather than a rhyme or reason to why you are grinding. I mean it gets played out to be farming shyt for a piece of equipment that will get wild outdated as the next update approaches.

Speaking of negative space on the map, you got me thinking about MAG and how that game should have been more:wow:. Imagine a MAG like game where players got to form alliances in order to survive.

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The only mmo i play nowadays is blade and soul.

Im trying black desert online but idk. Then again, i havent put in hours yet so we'll see.

Speaking of which, any coli members play blade and soul?

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Nothing stood out like runescape did for me. It wasn’t pay to win too much you could pal around the f2p until you were ready for mems then that was a whole new adventure :wow: fukk I miss the pure days

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The only mmo i play nowadays is blade and soul.

Im trying black desert online but idk. Then again, i havent put in hours yet so we'll see.

Speaking of which, any coli members play blade and soul?

I heard mixed things about the game but never played. I played BDO which is too weird. It's good but :dwillhuh:im lost.