So SCAR a 13 point favorite, that sound good to yall? :mjpls:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Foley: Commitment to Muschamp Remains the Same

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=26727

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The won-loss record has taken a tumble in 2013, but Jeremy Foley’s support of head football coach Will Muschamp has not.

Foley said Wednesday he is fully committed to Muschamp to lead the program into the future.

“As athletic director, I’m a thousand percent convinced that Will Muschamp is the guy to lead this football program,’’ Foley said inside his office at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. “Nothing has changed in what we feel about Will Muschamp from the day we hired him.

“Everyone around here wants the same thing,’’ Foley continued. “We want to do what is right for the University of Florida. We understand that this football season has not gone the way any of us wanted it to go, certainly not the way our fans wanted it to go, and most of all, not the way Will Muschamp wanted it to go.

“We have a history of being successful, we have a history of fixing things when they need to be fixed, and that is what is going to happen here, and Coach Muschamp is the one that will fix it.”

Muschamp was named UF’s head coach in December 2010. With three regular-season games remaining in his third season, Muschamp is 22-13 overall, including an 11-1 regular-season record in 2012 and Sugar Bowl berth. The Gators knocked off four teams ranked in the Top 10 last season and climbed to No. 2 in the polls before a loss to Georgia.

Florida is coming off a 34-17 Homecoming loss to Vanderbilt on Saturday, dropping the Gators below .500 for the first time since 1992. The 4-5 Gators travel to face No. 12-ranked South Carolina on Saturday.

“I understand the passion and the disappointment,’’ Foley said. “But at the end of the day, we’ve got great fans, they love the Gators and their passion makes this place special. They are hurting, they want the program to be successful and we feel that hurt.”

Despite the loss and fan criticism in recent weeks, Foley and UF President Bernie Machen made it clear Wednesday they remain firmly behind Muschamp, who was head coach-in-waiting at Texas prior to his arrival at Florida.

“I want the Gator Nation to know that I have full confidence in Coach Muschamp and his leadership of the football program,’’ Machen said.

Meanwhile, Foley wants Florida fans to remain patient and as the 42-year-old Muschamp works to turn the program around in what has been an injury-plagued season for the Gators.

“We will get better under Will Muschamp’s leadership,’’ Foley said. “This is not the quote-unquote dreaded ‘vote of confidence.’ This is just how we all feel around here. We have a strong faith and a strong belief in his capabilities, in his leadership skills, in his ability to evaluate what needs to be fixed.”

“Go back to a year ago: we’re 11-1 and beat four teams in the Top 10 and he was SEC Coach of the Year. I don’t think that was a fluke. I think coaching had a lot to do with that. We’ll stay the course here. We’ll get it right. We’re not going to let Gator fans down. We want the same thing they want.”

VAGATOR

Pro
Daps
Reppin
I'm still cool with Boom (I'm giving him one or two years tops), but the commitment to Pease needs to go to the bushes :camby:

Maybe they'll just elevate Joker Phillips to OC.

Both, Muschump and Foley (0-2 on football hires) can hit the bushes. :camby: What decent OC are you going to get with Muschump under the gun like this. He better hope Kerwin takes his call. I'm done with the football program for the near future.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope the next OC is horrible, but to be fair to muschump Weis from what I heard was forced on him. Pease didn't seem like a bad hire. Saban wanted him unfortunately for y'all it didn't work out. Though your running game was relentless last season.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Muschamp: Reserve QB Skyler Mornhinweg will likely start for UF
Starting quarterback Tyler Murphy has not practiced all week, inexperienced back-up Skyler Mornhinweg will likely make his first at South Carolina

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...gators-football-1115-20131114,0,5442897.story

GAINESVILLE — Coach Will Muschamp and his struggling Gators head to No. 10 South Carolina facing the strong possibility UF redshirt freshman quarterback Skyler Mornhinweg will make his first college start.

During his radio call-in show Thursday night, Muschamp said starter Tyler Murphy had not practiced this week because of an nagging injury to his right shoulder re-aggravated during last week's loss to Vanderbilt.

While Muschamp did not rule out Murphy to play Saturday night, calling it a "game-time decision," the third-year coach said Mornhinweg was on track to line up under center for the first time as a Gator.

"We feel good about him moving forward and being ready to go," Muschamp said of Mornhinweg. "That's the way it's looking now."

Muschamp said nothing, however, would be decided until Friday's practice.

"We'll see what Tyler can do tomorrow," Muschamp said Thursday night. "We're not totally certain yet."

Earlier this week, offensive coordinator Brent Pease said Murphy would have "to get in some practice time at some point in time" in order for coaches to play him at South Carolina.

If Murphy misses the game, he will be the second starting quarterback UF has lost to injury this season.

Murphy injured his shoulder Oct. 12 at LSU and did not practice until the following Friday, the day before Florida's 36-17 loss at Missouri.

Murphy helped lead a second-half rally two weeks later during a 23-20 loss to Georgia. But against Vanderbilt, Murphy let several passes sail off target, leading to three interceptions the Commodores turned into 21 points.

On Monday, Murphy said he planned to "live in the training room" and do whatever it took to return to the field.

With their infinitesimal bowl hopes at stake, the Gators (4-5, 3-4 SEC) need Murphy against South Carolina.

Even with Murphy banged up and struggling big time against Vanderbilt, Muschamp said he stuck with him "because I think he's our best opportunity to win."

Mornhinweg, a Philadelphia native and son of long-time NFL coach Marty Mornhinweg, has never taken a snap in a college game and was Scout.com's 61st-rated high school quarterback in 2012.

If Murphy cannot play, Mornhinweg would step into a very difficult situation.

South Carolina (7-2, 5-2) is in the thick of the SEC East race and riding a 15-game home winning streak at Williams-Brice Stadium. The Gamecocks' defense is led by All-American defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, one of the best athletes in the college game, and tackle Kelsey Quarles, who has seven tackles and 11 tackles for loss.

Meanwhile, the Gators' banged-up offensive line started its sixth combination of players against Vanderbilt and has allowed 19 sacks in the past four games, including five to the Commodores.

Muschamp called Mornhinweg "a guy that's extremely accurate with the ball."

Gators offensive lineman Max Garcia said Mornhinweg has grown a lot since last spring, when he was competing to be the team's third-string quarterback behind Murphy and starter Jeff Driskel.

"You can hear it in his voice when he's in the huddle and he's calling plays, you can see he's getting more confident back there taking the reps with the 1s [starters,]" Garcia said. "I think his confidence has improved."

But Mornhinweg's confidence could evaporate in minutes during a November SEC road game in a hostile environment against one of the nation's best defensive lines.

"The thing that's tough on a kid in his situation is just experience," Pease said. "You hope you never really have to play with a redshirt freshman. Nothing against him because he's a smart kid, he works hard.

"But in a developmental situation, you hope that you get into your sophomore and junior year before you're in that situation, whether you're competing for the job or in a backup role ready to play."

egthompson@tribune.com