What’s Gamings next big hype-train

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Forgot about both of these. I have a feeling we're still a few years out for both of them though, but yeah they fit the mold.

Not much they can do to lose with Elden Ring, the formula is practically there already, but with Starfield it's either headed to be the next No Mans Sky or Star Citizen

The formula is there for starfield also. It’s just gonna be Skyrim in space with nicer graphics. If it fails it’s because of QC issues

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
God of War

GTA 6: Dudes acting too cool for school now but when that trailer drops, it's gonna be pandemonium

Daps
Reppin
NULL
they need to stop with the open world shyt, its done to death

Level based gaming will enable deeper game play mechanics, better graphics and as well as better performance

Look at Devil May Cry 5, it performed and looked the same on consoles and PCS, only with PC have uncapped frame rate but even the PS5 can run at 120hz , and the game is not a slouch graphically at all, that's the difference when you're not using a bloated open world

story driven games make more sense in a linear world, V is facing death, but I can go around doing side quest as long as I want with no impact on the story or no penalty or threat, how is that immersion

Grand Theft Auto lets you free rom and kill anything, when you should be wanted for the entire game based on your actions not be treated like you never existed when your stars go away

open world games are just dumb, until the physics get good enough where you can have complex AI interactive with the entire environment and the entire environment is destructive, they need to just move onto something else, its stagnated gaming

The world map, field map, design of RPGS still works, it gives you a sense of exploration but limits you to a linear progression to match the narrative of the story

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
they need to stop with the open world shyt, its done to death

Level based gaming will enable deeper game play mechanics, better graphics and as well as better performance

Look at Devil May Cry 5, it performed and looked the same on consoles and PCS, only with PC have uncapped frame rate but even the PS5 can run at 120hz , and the game is not a slouch graphically at all, that's the difference when you're not using a bloated open world

story driven games make more sense in a linear world, V is facing death, but I can go around doing side quest as long as I want with no impact on the story or no penalty or threat, how is that immersion

Grand Theft Auto lets you free rom and kill anything, when you should be wanted for the entire game based on your actions not be treated like you never existed when your stars go away

open world games are just dumb, until the physics get good enough where you can have complex AI interactive with the entire environment and the entire environment is destructive, they need to just move onto something else, its stagnated gaming

The world map, field map, design of RPGS still works, it gives you a sense of exploration but limits you to a linear progression to match the narrative of the story

its only a handful of developers that should be going the open world way

if its not bethesda, rockstar, obsidian, or maybe kojima, most times its a dub

a non open world gta would be a stepback for the series, thats the only place i disagree w you

i been saying more games need to be on something similar to dishonored 2 or bioshock in terms of fluid linearity

back ot, god of war is the next big thing as of right now but whenever rockstar pulls curtain on gta vi everything else is pushed to the side

Daps
Reppin
NULL
its only a handful of developers that should be going the open world way

if its not bethesda, rockstar, obsidian, or maybe kojima, most times its a dub

a non open world gta would be a stepback for the series, thats the only place i disagree w you

i been saying more games need to be on something similar to dishonored 2 or bioshock in terms of fluid linearity

back ot, god of war is the next big thing as of right now but whenever rockstar pulls curtain on gta vi everything else is pushed to the side

There is no such thing has an open world game, GTA was a sand box game, but the last time it was that was GTA 3

now all the missions are scripted and you have to do them the exact same way, there's no creativity

when GTA 3 you could complete the mission however you wanted using the sand box the game gives you to play and design how you go about a mission

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I actually hope gaming goes towards wide linear experiences instead of open world sandboxes. Games tell a far better story when you don't have access to do everything from the beginning of the game, also you usually get far too overpowered when you have free reign to do what you want.

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
when GTA 3 you could complete the mission however you wanted using the sand box the game gives you to play and design how you go about a mission
Good point. I remember getting a sniper rifle and taking out the target without doing all that extra stuff. Fun memories :lolbron:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
There is no such thing has an open world game, GTA was a sand box game, but the last time it was that was GTA 3

now all the missions are scripted and you have to do them the exact same way, there's no creativity

I was given :camby: for mentioning something like that a while back. I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 but it punishes you hard for thinking outside of the box on story missions :mjlol: I don't like shyt like that in games that are supposed to be open world/rpg.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was given :camby: for mentioning something like that a while back. I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 but it punishes you hard for thinking outside of the box on story missions :mjlol: I don't like shyt like that in games that are supposed to be open world/rpg.

gamers are dikk riders, went from dikk riding consoles to dikk riding game developers

GTA V was trash, GTA online is what kept the game alive, which is basically just a social media version of gaming

Red Dead I didn't even waste my time playing that shyt, its a horse riding simulator, you click on any gameplay videos or watch any playing, all it is some riding through the wilderness, then you play as an old ass cac with no swag, you gonna make a game about outlaws in the old west but instead of some jessie james, doc holiday stop characters who get some no country from old man modern boring ass western movies crap no thanks