What’s Gamings next big hype-train

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Cyberpunk just landed and it’s a buggy mess for most and doesn’t deliver on any of the marketing promises

Halo Infinite is now Halo Indefinite push back
TLOU2 was hit or miss
RDR2 was hit or miss
Anthem was trash
Mass Effect Andromeda couldn’t match the original trilogy in any category

What’s the next big thing to hold the gaming community captive with its hype and promises? What games have actually been successful in doing so?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ragnarok is the only game coming out i see that will have gamers losing their shyt

I would say BOTW2 also but after seeing nikkas go nuts over graphic and framerate now Idk if BOTW2 will ahve the same effect as the original unless that shyt is wildly different from part 1 and they somehow get a switch pro out by then.

I think I’m at a point where i just expect every major game to receive a huge amount of backlash no matter what. The “inclusion” crowd will get mad that theres not enough representation of some small percentage of people (he’s ableist!) the industry integrity crowd will get mad about crunch or some other company policy, the last gen crowd will get mad they can’t play it and find things to hate about it, next gen crowd will get mad if its cross gen etc.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would say BOTW2 also but after seeing nikkas go nuts over graphic and framerate now Idk if BOTW2 will ahve the same effect as the original unless that shyt is wildly different from part 1 and they somehow get a switch pro out by then.

I think I’m at a point where i just expect every major game to receive a huge amount of backlash no matter what. The “inclusion” crowd will get mad that theres not enough representation of some small percentage of people (he’s ableist!) the industry integrity crowd will get mad about crunch or some other company policy, the last gen crowd will get mad they can’t play it and find things to hate about it, next gen crowd will get mad if its cross gen etc.

It's Nintendo. They automatically have people shooting them bail on graphics/framerate, so that won't matter.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Oh yeah, i forgot about Elden Ring.

That’s def gonna be big, post sekiro winning GOTY and Demon’s Souls gaining a new audience.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's Nintendo. They automatically have people shooting them bail on graphics/framerate, so that won't matter.

Yeah, thats true but I always felt like zelda was the one game nintendo actually ‘tries’ to make look good. BOTW in my opinion looked good, but that was before 60fps was standard. Now? Idk how hype I am to play a 700p/sub 30fps zelda game even though part 1 is my top 3 of all time

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The next big wave is paying for access to 300+ games that are 10 years + old and wall mounts with 30 degree rotation. TBC....

Last edited:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The only thing I can really see changing the game is a game called Menace To Society, based off the movie. It will be an open world game and the entire United States will be the map. All the characters in Menace to Society are playable. If the gaming industry is to take the next leap forward, this game has to happen.