What would 2005-2006 Kobe average today with that same squad?

What would 2005 Kobe average today?

• 30-33pts

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • 33-55pts

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 35-38pts

Votes: 34 32.4%
  • 39-42pts

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • 42-45pts

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 45pts+

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • He just a DeRozan with a look in his eyes

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Buckeyes 1st loser, Saban's biatch

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe would average between 35-38 a night with the emphasis on taking more 3 point shots.

About what James Harden was averaging except he wouldn’t collapse like a little b*tch in the playoffs.

Are ya'll dumb or intentionally ignoring the pace adjusted stats that were just posted ahead of ya'll?

Kobe's 05-06 season is the HIGHEST SCORING SEASON in NBA HISTORY when you adjust for pace. He wouldn't be averaging 35ppg or what Harden did now that the league plays faster and shoots more 3s. He would average way more.

Minimum 45 PPG.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Kobe was already taking close to 30 shots per game that season so it wouldn’t be much of a difference. He’d only average more because he’d be taking more 3s instead of 2s.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
that roster was not bad for 2006.

hero ball is dead, unless your jumper is really wet, and kobe's J was not like that.

he would have to let odom and the young guys cook. otherwise, its just struggle ball again.

EDIT: i forgot this is the coli. i'll prolly get banned for actually talking basketball.
And don't forget that Kobe and Odom both were playing about 41 minutes/game for that team. NO ONE plays that today. He'd automatically get his scoring knocked down 10% solely off the fact that he play at least 10% fewer minutes if not moreso.

That graphic doesn't factor in minutes. No way Kobe plays 41 minutes/game in this era.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way Kobe plays 41 minutes/game in this era.

And you know this how? Lemme guess Kobe would also do load management cause that's whats in now?

Crakkka please. Kobe played 41 minutes cause his teammates were wack and they needed him in the game at all times to keep them competitive. He would still do the same sh*t now cause Smush, Kwame, and Luke Walton ain't getting better.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe was already taking close to 30 shots per game that season so it wouldn’t be much of a difference. He’d only average more because he’d be taking more 3s instead of 2s.

He took 27 shots per game. If you're gonna make a point about his shot attempts at least be accurate. It would be like me saying Kobe averaged close to 40 ppg in 2006.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
And don't forget that Kobe and Odom both were playing about 41 minutes/game for that team. NO ONE plays that today. He'd automatically get his scoring knocked down 10% solely off the fact that he play at least 10% fewer minutes if not moreso.

That graphic doesn't factor in minutes. No way Kobe plays 41 minutes/game in this era.

You’re forgetting that Kobe was surrounded by 90% trash. He would’ve definitely played 40+ minutes.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps

The fact that you even vouched for that initial stupid post of Kobe not being great from mid range speaks volumes. But putting that aside, how do you just casually decide on ten percent and factor into minutes and then ignore every other factor in today’s game? The pace, the type of fouls that are called, the spacing, etc. Kobe was averaging 27 as the league was transitioning into this era at 34 with all the minutes on him and deformed fingers. The idea that prime Kobe is putting up 10 percent less in this era is laughable. He would be scoring more than Harden.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You’re forgetting that Kobe was surrounded by 90% trash. He would’ve definitely played 40+ minutes.
Not a single player has averaged 40 minutes/game in the last 10 seasons, no matter how much trash they were surrounded by. Bron on the '18 Cavs, Westbrook on the '17 Thunder, Kyrie on the '14 Cavs, Beal on the Wizards, Dame on the Blazers, NONE of them averaged anywhere near 40 minutes/game no matter how much their team needed them. Hell, the last player to even average 39 minutes/game for a season was Luol Deng in 2012 and he almost died afterwards. Most seasons there hasn't been anyone averaging 38 minutes/game and some seasons no one has even reached 37 minutes/game.

You can't claim that a player will get all the advantages of the era and then claim that all the disadvantages magically don't apply. Kobe would be playing 37 minutes/game or so just like every other star player without a decent replacement.

I had more written out but I deleted it.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The fact that you even vouched for that initial stupid post of Kobe not being great from mid range speaks volumes. But putting that aside, how do you just casually decide on ten percent and factor into minutes and then ignore every other factor in today’s game? The pace, the type of fouls that are called, the spacing, etc. Kobe was averaging 27 as the league was transitioning into this era at 34 with all the minutes on him and deformed fingers. The idea that prime Kobe is putting up 10 percent less in this era is laughable. He would be scoring more than Harden.
I decided on 10% because almost no one plays more than 37 minutes/game anymore. So I assumed he'd go from 41 minutes to 37 minutes, which is 10% less.

It's not like Kobe was even unusual in playing 40+ minutes back then. He was only 5th in minutes that season and not even close to 1st - Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Gilbert Arenas, and Ricky Davis all played 41-43 minutes a game. Dozens of guys averaged 40+ minutes in the 2000s, even guys like Gerald Wallace, Shawn Marion, Cuttino Mobley, Peja Stojakovic...it wasn't unusual. So why would he be 5th in the league in minutes in 2006, but lead the league by a mile in 2021? That wouldn't make any sense at all.

I didn't say that other factors wouldn't also apply - I could write a lot more. I just said that you have to take 10% away from his scoring off the top to start on lower minutes alone. After you've done that, you apply whatever other factors you see.

Could write more but shyt still too raw, just let it be.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a single player has averaged 40 minutes/game in the last 10 seasons, no matter how much trash they were surrounded by. Bron on the '18 Cavs, Westbrook on the '17 Thunder, Kyrie on the '14 Cavs, Beal on the Wizards, Dame on the Blazers, NONE of them averaged anywhere near 40 minutes/game no matter how much their team needed them. Hell, the last player to even average 39 minutes/game for a season was Luol Deng in 2012 and he almost died afterwards. Most seasons there hasn't been anyone averaging 38 minutes/game and some seasons no one has even reached 37 minutes/game.

You can't claim that a player will get all the advantages of the era and then claim that all the disadvantages magically don't apply. Kobe would be playing 37 minutes/game or so just like every other star player without a decent replacement.

I had more written out but I deleted it.

Some guy by the name of Bradley Beal is averaging 35ppg THIS SEASON. The fact you came in here to argue he'd 10% less is something else.

What is it about Kobe that makes these cacs loose rational thought?