What would 2005-2006 Kobe average today with that same squad?

What would 2005 Kobe average today?

• 30-33pts

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • 33-55pts

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 35-38pts

Votes: 34 32.4%
  • 39-42pts

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • 42-45pts

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 45pts+

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • He just a DeRozan with a look in his eyes

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Buckeyes 1st loser, Saban's biatch

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seriously...that's the thing. We're not saying Kobe would be trash in that era...we're just saying Kobe wouldn't put up some fantastical, mythological average and they're crying about it.
You ever notice that they're the only fans who do this?

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This post is what I mean by comic book arguments
Bruh its not illogical to think Kobe would score more in an era with softer defense, increased pace and more emphasis on the 3pt shot. The 05-06 lakers were all about Kobe offensively, you place that in today's league you just get more 3pt attempts from Kobe and ultimately more shots due to the pace. I mean its common sense. If Bradley beal can get you 35, Kobe could easily get you 40 a game. That isn't hyperbole, thats just the facts, unless you want to say beal is equal to Kobe as a scorer.

The "comic book" shyt holds no weight considering Kobe entire career has been on some "comic book" shyt. Scoring 81, outscoring a single team through 3 quarters, 6 straight 50 point games, 60 points in his last game, averaging 40 through a month multiple times, etc.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
You ever notice that they're the only fans who do this?
Jordan stans did the same thing back then, which is what makes it so hilarious.

Like you had the players in his era saying that shyt in the media. Phil Jackson said MJ would average 45 in 2006, for God's sake :mjlol:. That weirdo Bruce Blitz's entire hustle was tearing down Kobe and his generation to prop up Jordan as this immortal demigod. And now the shoe's on the other foot.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have @Swagnificent on ignore cause he's one of the worst posters in forum history

No. You hide behind this ignore argument cause you're too scared to engage with me cause I put a butt whopping to you whenever we debate. Don't think folks ain't forgot this: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/les...ter-than-bron-was-his-first-100-games.752900/

Just one year ago you were arguing the exact opposite of what you are saying now in trying to defend the fact Luka is putting up better numbers in this era than LeBron did in the 2000s.

Funny how you constantly switch your views depending on if its Kobe or LeBron.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It doesn't matter about Kobe's shot attempts in his time, simply due to how trash defense is now, he would easily shoot at a higher %, that alone = more points.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
He basically did that in 2013 at 34 years old trying to get the Lakers into the playoffs and its what blew out his achilles.

Kobe is half man half myth for a reason. He did the impossible.
He played 38 minutes per game that year and his body gave out...but you think somehow he'd magically be able to play 10 more minutes now?:skip:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I for one am happy Kobe didn't play in this weak era. What made Kobe Kobe was his moves, footwork etc to make shots/lay-ups/dunks over, under or around actual defenses. Fade-aways, up and unders, double-clutch lay-ups, etc. He developped his arsenal because he needed it, because defense was being played, he was going to the lane that was much more crowded back then and trying to throw it down on actual centers. If he came up in this era he'd have a different style probably, taking 10 step back threes per game and pick and rolling ad nauseam to the basket for uncontested lay-up after unconstested lay-up. Obviously he would average at least 40 but it would be much less spectacular than what he was doing back then.

Agreed.

I prefer the way Kobe played in his time over all this 3-point shooting now. He would put up bigger stats now but the game wouldn't be as beautiful.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Bruh its not illogical to think Kobe would score more in an era with softer defense, increased pace and more emphasis on the 3pt shot. The 05-06 lakers were all about Kobe offensively, you place that in today's league you just get more 3pt attempts from Kobe and ultimately more shots due to the pace. I mean its common sense. If Bradley beal can get you 35, Kobe could easily get you 40 a game. That isn't hyperbole, thats just the facts, unless you want to say beal is equal to Kobe as a scorer.
Your whole argument is that Kobe's some relentless scoring assassin on a team that revolves around him...does Harden jacking up 25 shots, 11 FT's and 13 three's somehow not count as the same mentality??? Do you guys not actually watch the games or something?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your whole argument is that Kobe's some relentless scoring assassin on a team that revolves around him...does Harden jacking up 25 shots, 11 FT's and 13 three's somehow not count as the same mentality??? Do you guys not actually watch the games or something?
Harden is an assassin but Kobe even more so. But what Harden even have to do with conversation? :gucci:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
People threw swagnificent's adjusted because, like a lot of you Kobe hero worshippers do, whenever you throw out advance stats you don't even use them right because of how much you ignore them 90% of the time.

Actually I do know how to use advanced stats. If you don't believe me, then read this thread: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/les...ter-than-bron-was-his-first-100-games.752900/

I used @Rhakim own stat based arguments against him to wipe the floor with him. So much so that he started pretending to have me on ignore rather than respond.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The irony is, you guys had to deal with Jordan stans throwing out that "MJ would average 50 today!" hating in 2006 every time Kobe would have a big game. And now 15 years later, y'all on the same shyt.

:mjtf: how young are you?

Cause that never happened. Nobody was saying Jordan would average 50 in 2006. In fact that era was not disrespected by the OGs like this one. I think what you did here was projecting. Trying to act like criticism of this era is somehow just old men talking shyt when in reality its a poor product and the OGs are calling it out for what it is.

Guys used to make the hand check argument but the response was the addition of zone defenses. Also considering the game was slower paced OGs weren't making arguments about Jordan putting up mythlogical numbers.