What were some of the dumbass fads people did when you were in HS?

Llcoolbay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
St Louis Rams!!!!!
I went this whole thread and everything is relatable :mjlol:

I only graduated HS a couple years ago but I remember seeing all this growing up :lolbron:

I'm surprised nobody in this thread mentioned fila's with the strap out

s-l300.jpg
I never wore these but i remember these was hot for a while and all of a sudden nobody rocked filas anymore. nikkad use to clown you for still rocking these.

I remember when dudes use to wear Nike headbands and armbands to school :pachaha:

Thought we was fresh as fukk

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So many :scust: trends from 2003-07

Way oversized shirts that went down to your knees :scust:

Wearing oversized hats that were at an angle so they'd nearly fall off your head :scust:

The rap ringtones era :scust:

Every song having a dance to go with it when none of them needed one :martin:

Everyone wanting to be in a gang :mjlol: someone started a thread on MySpace called "who crip in school?"

The typing with numbers in place of letters :mjlol:

Dudes growing their hair long but buzzing it about an inch back all around :dahell:

Superstar
Daps
Went to a mostly white HS, 2004-2008.

99% of the student body wore:

1) Chuck Taylors
2) Vans slip-ons
3) Fat-tongue skate shoes (:snoop:)

Lots of other shyt too. Studded belts. Velour sweat-suits. Trucker hats. Crocs. Uggs. Ballet flats on girls. Aviator sunglasses. Skinny jeans.

Also, I feel like that was the era that HS girls first started wearing thongs. You never saw that shyt in 90s movies.

Can't believe I forgot Livestrong bracelets. Holy fukk those things were everywhere.

And although it's not technically fashion, iPods. This was around the time that the iPod mini became huge and everybody had one.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:laff::laff::laff:
omarion1.jpg

I did that shyt too :mjcry:
The funniest thing is I saw it in every demographic. White guys with long hair? Check. Butch dykes? Check. Black guys with braids? Check. Black and white and Samoan guys respectively who had dreadlocks? Check. Who thinks of these trends :russ:?

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
This thread makes me miss those super hot summer days right before school about to start up. Those were the GOAT days. Enjoying being out of school but missing the homies. The excitement to see everyone 1st day of class and also not wanting to go because school work. Man those were the days. When I see kids now in that age range I tell them enjoy it while you can because no experience will ever match that. Not college not real life. Nothing.

Oh and velour suits.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Back in 95-96 we used to rock ski goggles :snoop:

That same summer we rocked Nautica and Tommy Hill swimming trunks. Some nikkas even copped the matching swim shoes :snoop:

I don't think people did this in other cities but we used to rock sweat pants underneath jean shorts :deadmanny:
:lolbron::dead:
y'all nikkas wasn't burning up?!