What Went Wrong With… Kendrick Lamar, To Pimp A Butterfly, & The Rise Of Middle Class Hip-Hop?

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Jeezus, this paragraph is so garbage.

Kendrick Lamar’s latest album “To Pimp A Butterfly”, according to the aforementioned publications is an infallible classic. So don’t look anywhere else, this is the album to legally purchase with your office-job pay cheque. Even though this West Coast Funk-infused, faux-Jazz, R’N’B-filled album is in reality below average, just keep telling yourself it’s something special. When these magazines tell you that Lamar’s free-spoken-word, off-beat rap flow is something to be admired, I guess it’s best to ignore Killah Priest’s “Heavy Mental” or anything by Blackalicious. It’s also best to ignore Public Enemy, Paris, and dead prez, because if you compare Lamar to actual protest Rap it might become apparent that he’s a mainstream, middle-class-suck-up, Hipster-enticing, lightweight.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:mjlol:

So basically in so many words, you have dudes agreeing with a CAC that wants Black people to stay limited and marginalized, worse yet, this dude is what 25-30 years old speaking like he's cognizant of what the golden era was about or about who would and wouldn't have passed muster (as if there weren't rappers worse than Kendrick who had major hits). Furthermore, he calls Donald Glover a 'fake', which is troubling because if anything his music has been pretty brutally honest when it came to himself. What makes the article even funnier is that it thinks it's criticisms are groundbreaking or unique. Nobody put this album in the same breath as Paris or Public Enemy, no one even said it in that class of album. I mean we got White people trying to define pro-Black like they even know what that means.

It's just ironic that CACs are calling the album pretentious and then going on a pretentious circle jerk trying to frame Black issues inside a White boundary. In trying to 'expose' Kendrick, you've basically exposed the problem with outsiders critiquing a culture and a lifestyle that they have to true place in.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Found this site recently. It's pretty damn good. From what I've read, it's one of the very few hip hop-based publications on the net that's respectable.

This article will probably cause Kendrick stans to commit that. Being the most insecure on the web next to dikkchasers.

What Went Wrong With… Kendrick Lamar, To Pimp A Butterfly, & The Rise Of Middle Class Hip-Hop?

I read the ASAP Rocky one too :umad: And it's very much on point. Many of the same things I've already said on this site. Your insecurities and condom-less dikkriding won't let you see these accurate observations on Kendrick :umad:
@Piff Perkins

This aged beautifully

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What's the point in reacting to a website that is literally dedicated to half assed contrarian takes? Go look at the front page, scroll down a bit. lmao

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
When you have to write paragraphs and get creative to hate on an artist, you know they're great :obama:

Imagine being mad at an artist for speaking their truth on life experiences :mjtf: