What Went Wrong With… Kendrick Lamar, To Pimp A Butterfly, & The Rise Of Middle Class Hip-Hop?

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
I almost get the feeling people wanna make it seem like Kendrick music is made to take advantage of black oeoole and the narrative of a black person. At least he put all his effort and wits in to the album, unlike 80% of most mainstream rappers and at least the album had a fukking underlying concept with the whole " I remember you was abandoned" thing going on, feels like s book, but honestly whatever, in the end he still loves his black people and his intentions was to make an album for us and at least it's an album that a lot of us can relate too, cause I garuntee you if shyt hit the fan and this trap rap doesn't dissapear and lasts another 10 years we'll wish for more TPAB like shyt to be mainstream again

Thank you.

Kendrick will always have my respect because; plant or not, he is an artist that you can see cares and tries to take risks like his underground peers.

If anything J. Cole fits the article.

dude is ass cheeks.

B-Mint94

Banned
Daps
Reading through some of these articles on this site wonder if SirBiatch and this guy are long lost brothers.

Daps
lol these conspiracy theories about white people trying to destroy everything black is just corny. half of these conjectures really have no basis besides wanting to form a victimization narrative for black people. its true that most of hip hop is aware of the fact that its the middle class that makes you the bulk of your money. most black people are middle class. do not be fooled by all the stupid rappers they keep grabbing from the hood. thats not even mentioning that Kendrick himself is quite popular with the hoods of America anyways. that whole thing was just dumb.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
lol these conspiracy theories about white people trying to destroy everything black is just corny. half of these conjectures really have no basis besides wanting to form a victimization narrative for black people. its true that most of hip hop is aware of the fact that its the middle class that makes you the bulk of your money. most black people are middle class. do not be fooled by all the stupid rappers they keep grabbing from the hood. thats not even mentioning that Kendrick himself is quite popular with the hoods of America anyways. that whole thing was just dumb.

rambling cac alert

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not a big Kendrick fan, but that article was kind of stupid. If you don't listen to Cyrus Malachi or M9 you're more or less a middle class CAC? Who the fukk are they?

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I will say this about the Kendrick comparison to many of the 80s/90s greats....I don't think his rapping would hold up at all. I think his skill is overrated. But his music is excellent, he knows how to make albums and that's what endears him to hip-hop heads above and beyond many artists of this generation.

That's all I care about as well tbh...the music, especially in this era. I've given up waiting to hear the next GZA, Redman, Ras Kass or whoever. So if it's musically sound - as Kendrick's is - I'm all ears.

I think TPAB and GKMC are fantastic albums.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Damn, it's been alot of Kendrick hate threads lately. Posting articles about an album that came out almost 2 years ago :dahell:

The fact that people are still discussing TPAB still today is pretty dope. I guess it wasn't an album that just came and went

they're not discussing the album, breh. They're dissing the overhype of Kendrick in general. It's pretty clear.

LOL at reaching for anything as a compliment. The desperation :mjlol: