What was your favorite console generation?

Best console generation?

• Third Generation(NES/Master System/Atari)

• Fourth Generation(SNES/Sega Genesis, Neo Geo, CD-i, PC Engine etc.)

• Fifth Generation(PS1, N64, Sega Saturn...)

• Sixth Generation(Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube)

• Seventh Generation(PS3, 360, Wii)

• Eight Generation(PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Switch)

• Current Gen(PS5, Series X)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I can't fukking choose between 5, 6, and 7 breh. Like gun to my head I'd probably be dead because I really can't say with certainty.

5 ushered me into gaming. First console was the OG PlayStation with no sticks, no memory card, just heat. Then I got a N64. GoldenEye, Turok, MK4, Pokemon Stadium, Super Mario World I mean my God the list goes on.

6 brought the almighty Xbox :to: Halo, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, Project Gotham Racing, Fusion Frenzy, Jet Set Radio Future. Glorious experiences on this thing. Also was the generation I first played online with, although it was at the tail end of the life cycle only a few months before I got a 360. Halo 2 customs was fukkin bussin thoooo

7th generation. Ohhhh man. Began my freshman year of HS and ended right before I was graduating from college. My immediate thought was to vote 7th gen, but I don't want my bias of everything else going on around those years to impact my vote. But yeah. 360 years. Wait box stans pride and joy. I'm not gonna even list the games brehs, we were EATING. introduced the home dashboard, private/party chat, GOAT standard controller, introduction of a hard drive as opposed to "memory cards" I mean holy shyt.

I think 7th gen may very well be objectively the best year given the games and technological advancements in the industry. I'm still going to refrain from voting though because I hold 5 and 6 very close to my heart as well

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Neck and neck between 6th and 7th for me but the online aspect of the 7th gen puts it over the top.:wow:

MurderToCassette

Sa Da Tay
Daps
Reppin
I am comfortable and I love you
I'm also thinking fif. I literally jumped a generation from a Master System to a PlayStation. I still have Tekken and Rival Schools on disc. From 8 bit to 32 bit was a gigantic leap.

I went from playing Donald Duck to Time Crisis.
Same happened to me breh. I had a hand me down NES from the mid 90s til christmas 97 when I got a PSX. Only other times I could game was on my cousins SNES and N64 later on. Going from playing Mario every day to playing Intelligent Cube and Metal Gear demos as a little kid had me like :damn:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I voted 6th. But man... being there from 3rd to 6th :wow:

Definitely felt shyt has plateau'd the last couple gens :unimpressed:

Last edited:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Can't choose between 4,5, 7 and current gen... :patrice:

Ultimately I'm going for the absolute wonder of 4 and actually understanding the different genres and styles of games I would grow to love. And you can't forget the birth of Street fighter as we know it...I spent so much damn time on SNES & Genesis:ohlawd: Only now WFH can I come close to them days again:mjcry:

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Third generation purely for nostalgia reasons. It started my love for video games. Still remember getting my NES for Christmas and playing with my brother and cousins all damn day. Super Mario Bros theme song is burnt into my head. That gold Zelda game is legendary. Also the first game that got me into RPGs.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
fourth

went from playing these amazing NES games and all this arcade piff ... great games that lasted forever and were hard as fukk

into a very commercial SNES and Sega era with hundreds of games ... just amazing hits on both consoles that you can still play till this day
and then Sega Channel ... it was a complete renaissance

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I still maintain that the SNES is the goat system but there’s a strong argument for the 6th gen being peak video games. Every console was firing on all cylinders during that time. Super Smash Bros Melee, Metroid Prime, and Paper Mario on the Gamecube, Metal Gear Solid, Okami, Kingdom Hearts on PS2, and Resident Evil 4 crushing the buildings…

Viewtiful Joe :banderas:
Tales of Symphonia :banderas:
Soul Calibur 2 :banderas:

I wish the Dreamcast could have stuck around longer though. Jet Set Radio is fire to this day :wow:

Edit: shout out to the Sega Genesis. Gunstar Heroes >>>

Last edited: