What Was The Last "Iconic" Teen Movie?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nah, I’d go with Mean Girls. I don’t hear Easy A talked about nowadays. MG still has some talk. Superbad is another one that comes to mind.
Entertainment Weekly put it 2 spots under Mean Girls. That was the role that made Emma Stone a household name. If anything Lindsay Lohan was huge before Mean Girls and helped propel it to higher heights as did Tina Fey.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Entertainment Weekly put it 2 spots under Mean Girls. That was the role that made Emma Stone a household name. If anything Lindsay Lohan was huge before Mean Girls and helped propel it to higher heights as did Tina Fey.
Breh, who cares what some site lists it at. I don't hear people bring it up like MG or SB. It's about the movie and not actor. :skip:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Breh, who cares what some site lists it at. I don't hear people bring it up like MG or SB. It's about the movie and not actor. :skip:
And what I’m saying is Mean Girls had more going for it in terms of exposure than Easy A. Easy A came out of nowhere and had no names really pushing it.

Mean Girls was a reunion of the director (Mark Waters) and star of Freaky Friday(Lindsay Lohan) Had Tina Fey involved. It came at Lohan’s (a famous child star’s) peak.

Obviously way more people have seen and know about Mean Girls than Easy A. It’s not even close.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
And what I’m saying is Mean Girls had more going for it in terms of exposure than Easy A. Easy A came out of nowhere and had no names really pushing it.

Mean Girls was a reunion of the director (Mark Waters) and star of Freaky Friday(Lindsay Lohan) Had Tina Fey involved. It came at Lohan’s (a famous child star’s) peak.

Obviously way more people have seen and know about Mean Girls than Easy A. It’s not even close.
Thread is about iconic teen movies, not movies that made stars. :comeon:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thread is about iconic teen movies, not movies that made stars. :comeon:
You likely won't get a teen movie like Mean Girls now. Mean Girls didn't have to contend with Marvel movies. It came out in an era where normal movies could get those sorts of eyeballs on them much easier. Movies like that now go to streaming direct now.

You go on IMDB and Mean Girls is a 7.1 with 408K ratings and Easy A is a 7.0 with 407K ratings. They both won the same amount of awards and have about the same nominations.

Mean Girls had the benefit of coming out 4 years before Ironman and having big named stars and crew attached. Easy A came out after Ironman 2. Even still it's impact is obvious as it's the reason many people know who Emma Stone is. In a post Marvel world those sorts of teen movies have a rough path though.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You likely won't get a teen movie like Mean Girls now. Mean Girls didn't have to contend with Marvel movies. It came out in an era where normal movies could get those sorts of eyeballs on them much easier. Movies like that now go to streaming direct now.

You go on IMDB and Mean Girls is a 7.1 with 408K ratings and Easy A is a 7.0 with 407K ratings. They both won the same amount of awards and have about the same nominations.

Mean Girls had the benefit of coming out 4 years before Ironman and having big named stars and crew attached. Easy A came out after Ironman 2. Even still its impact is obvious as it's the reason many people know who Emma Stone is. In a post Marvel world those sorts of teen movies have a rough path though.
Impact? What impact? :mjlol:

No one talks about that movie like MG or SB. And trying to use an excuse because it came out when the MCU was out is ridiculous. I remember hearing about the movie, but didn’t care to see it.

I checked these last 2 pages and there’s more name drops for Project X than East A, which isn’t even iconic either. Only you’re caping for the movie. Hey, if you like if, fine, but don’t be saying shyt like it’s “iconic.” :comeon:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Impact? What impact? :mjlol:

No one talks about that movie like MG or SB. And trying to use an excuse because it came out when the MCU was out is ridiculous. I remember hearing about the movie, but didn’t care to see it.

I checked these last 2 pages and there’s more name drops for Project X than East A, which isn’t even iconic either. Only you’re caping for the movie. Hey, if you like if, fine, but don’t be saying shyt like it’s “iconic.” :comeon:
You're talking anecdotal. The movie literally launched a popular movie star's career and made her a household name and you're like that's not iconic. I'm definitely not going to argue with you about the status of a movie you haven't even seen. I haven't seen Project X so I can't comment to it. To be honest this is my first time hearing about the movie.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You're talking anecdotal. The movie literally launched a popular movie star's career and made her a household name and you're like that's not iconic. I'm definitely not going to argue with you about the status of a movie you haven't even seen. I haven't seen Project X so I can't comment to it. To be honest this is my first time hearing about the movie.
You keep talking in circles. A breakout role doesn’t make a movie iconic. :snoop: