What Was The Last "Iconic" Teen Movie?

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The late 90's was kind of the last of that era of "teen" movies, Apatow's earlier work took elements and was influenced, but it's much different then the "iconic" teen movies of the late 90's, which would more iconic to me, and those of a similar age, because we grew up on them. "American Pie", "She's All That", all those type of movies. My personal favorite is "Can't Hardly Wait".
So many babies lost to Prime Jennifer Love-hewwit :wow:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Iconic?

scream1.jpg

American Pie, Bring It On and High School Music had a big influence on other films as well but I don't know if I'd say 'iconic' yet.
American Pie is Iconic breh

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
American Pie is Iconic breh
Come to think of it, you're right. It was big back in the day. I just think the Scream influence reached farther. I feel like Scream is on another level of influence compared to American Pie.

Considering the influence factor, American Pie is more iconic than Superbad was.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
The late 90's was kind of the last of that era of "teen" movies, Apatow's earlier work took elements and was influenced, but it's much different then the "iconic" teen movies of the late 90's, which would more iconic to me, and those of a similar age, because we grew up on them. "American Pie", "She's All That", all those type of movies. My personal favorite is "Can't Hardly Wait".
cant hardly wait :blessed:

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
Come to think of it, you're right. It was big back in the day. I just think the Scream influence reached farther. I feel like Scream is on another level of influence compared to American Pie.

Considering the influence factor, American Pie is more iconic than Superbad was.
AP created an entire genre of pron - MILF

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
AP created an entire genre of pron - MILF
Scream reinvigorated the slasher movie genre. The "Ghostface" killer is a classic slasher movie mask now(you'll always find one in stores). The opening scene itself with Drew Barrymore talking to the killer is iconic and there's a Scream tv show now. Plus the whole idea of introducing "Rules to survive the killer."

Disgustya Stallone

Daps
Scream reinvigorated the slasher movie genre. The "Ghostface" killer is a classic slasher movie mask now(you'll always find one in stores). The opening scene itself with Drew Barrymore talking to the killer is iconic and there's a Scream TV show now. Plus the whole idea of introducing "Rules to survive the killer."
what does that have to do with me catching an excellent beat at a moments notice for the last 19 years because of american pie?