Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
MY own money

Sega Genesis .. summer of 92 or 93 ... I don't fully remember

I bought it for the uncensored Mortal Kombat

its been my own money since...
PS1 . Japanese PS1, PS2, hdloader for PS2, PS3, PS4 ...
Gameboys for the kids for Xmas...

the Wii was gifted from my sister for the kids..

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
N64, I instantly regretted it

wow that's blasphemous , there was nothing on PlayStation like Mario 64, and yeah things were slow until WaveRace but it was a fantastic local multi-player and 3d platform system.

First system I got with my own money was a gamecube, i traded in my broken ps2 that my cousin's dropped while I was in college and they didn't even check to see if it worked. I bought the gamecube that came with Legend of Zelda...one of my favorite systems ever and very underrated. Resident Evil 4 and all the multiplayer first party games felt like the last system where people got together in a real living room to play games locally, that and Halo

I believe I had just gotten my first job as a bartender when I was 18 and used my tip money in 2003

Never really got into the whole online thing, always felt weird conversing with some 13 yr old stranger who was beating your ass in street fighter or madden.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
wow that's blasphemous , there was nothing on PlayStation like Mario 64, and yeah things were slow until WaveRace but it was a fantastic local multi-player and 3d platform system.

First system I got with my own money was a gamecube, i traded in my broken ps2 that my cousin's dropped while I was in college and they didn't even check to see if it worked. I bought the gamecube that came with Legend of Zelda...one of my favorite systems ever and very underrated. Resident Evil 4...
When all your friends are playing Tekken, Street Fighter, Metal Gear, and Final Fantasy. I wondered when Nintendo would get those games. That has been my story with Nintendo ever since. I stupidly bought a Gamecube first too.

I learned that they make good complimentary systems and I should never own a Nintendo console exclusively.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
PS2:wow:. I remember it like it was yesterday. I worked a summer gig as a cashier for a supermarket downtown. I went by the game store in Cheltenham (Area in Philly) and they had the ability to put the PS2 on layaway. It was the only one they had in stock so I kept paying bi-weekly. By the end of the summer, the console was mine along with the game Street Hoops:banderas:. Good times breh...good times.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
When all your friends are playing Tekken, Street Fighter, Metal Gear, and Final Fantasy. I wondered when Nintendo would get those games. That has been my story with Nintendo ever since. I stupidly bought a Gamecube first too.

I learned that they make good complimentary systems and I should never own a Nintendo console exclusively.

Yeah each had its own great experiences