What was the first gaming console you purchased with your own money

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
A snes in 2012. If new consoles it's Vita, then Nintendo switch.

:mjgrin:shouts out to Mom.

Last edited:

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
washed cars the entire summer and saved up for a PS2. right before school started moms took me to the bank to open an account and stash my money away so i wouldn't blow it all before the console came out.
This is what I did when I first gotta job

I saved $50 every paycheck for a new console and they ended up putting pre orders up the 3DS:wow:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
This was actually the first system I purchased brand new with my own money. I bought a used PlayStation with my own money before it. The GameCube also has the distinction of being the only game console I ever sold off and never got another one.

I've had 6 PS4s for example and sold 4 of them but I've always had at least one at all times since launch. I sold that GameCube to a coworker and to this day I've never owned another. The Wii playing GameCube games saw to that. Still have my SNES and N64 but left the NES at my folks house.
gba adapter can make gamecube worth keeping. i dont have one (i do have the hori gba pad controller), but i do sometimes consider getting it since i have some gba games. gba game collecting would be a pretty easy thing to get into and playing them on a tv seems more enjoyable to me...

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
N64 at launch. Reserved it a Toys R Us and picked it up on luanch day after I got off of work from my part time job as a grocery store cashier I hopped on the city bus with a N64. Been buying all my console at launch ever since. With the exception of Xbox and PS2. Disappointment in the GameCube led to my Xbox purchase, and disappointment in my Xbox led to the purchase of my PS2. Been PlayStation ever since and never looked back.

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
crazy. every console was gifted to me. lol all i did was buy the games myself with paper route money and other job money.

Switch is the only console I bought myself.