What was the first gaming console you purchased with your own money

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This was actually the first system I purchased brand new with my own money. I bought a used PlayStation with my own money before it. The GameCube also has the distinction of being the only game console I ever sold off and never got another one.

I've had 6 PS4s for example and sold 4 of them but I've always had at least one at all times since launch. I sold that GameCube to a coworker and to this day I've never owned another. The Wii playing GameCube games saw to that. Still have my SNES and N64 but left the NES at my folks house.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You must mean VII (7) then I got mine when VIII(8) came out in 1999. I was exclusively Nintendo before that. Since my parents bought all my systems before then I could only get one each gen so it was always the Nintendo console.

No, meant I got my PS1 in 96.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
N64.... :snoop: Worst piece of shyt ever when I brought my PS1 after seeing my friend playing resident evil at his house:banderas: I fell in love with Sony's shyt. nintendo was becoming played out...

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
N64 just got my taxes back copped some games extra controllers was ballin :banderas:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Had to have been either the 360 or the ps3. Actually don't think I used my money for the 360. Think I just went to accompany my brother at a target for the launch that night. Then I did use my money to buy the ps3 with my brother and a pair of brothers that were our best friends growing up in the neighborhood, and a old friend of mine from work. We camped out at target for a few days and one of my managers at work was there too.

A random employee that was hanging out had filmed this. That's my old manager knocked out at the beginning, one of my hood homies in the bulls jersey and a little after my brother in the heat jersey and my pops next to him. My boy from work was in the gray hoodie. Think my other neighborhood friend was in one of these somewhere in a bulls jersey. Gotta look for me on there. Haven't seen this in years.

I'm in the end of the second video sitting next to my homeboy in the bulls jersey.

Looking back at it now, I should've taken that guys offer to buy my console. Cuz the resale value dropped like crazy after release. :mjcry:

I did resell an extra Wii later on from a Walmart camp out. Had convinced one random cat there with his boy to buy one extra for me. Those were the days. :francis:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Dreamcast. Had the baseball and Sonic joints on there too. Bought it in February of 2000. Happiest 5 year old at that time.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
OG Xbox with a copy of the thing :wow:

Man I would kill for a remaster release.

So many great survival horror games in that era