What This Whole Lil Boosie Episode Tells Me (And Should Tell You, Too!)

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I was almost with you until that last line. I think everyone can mature and grow out of immaturity/stupidity/ignorance etc. We were all young once and celebrated things we shouldn't have. I think we all took some part in poisoning our culture, whether it be blasting hard core rap in the whip with kids around, celebrating the release of gangsters, selling, doing our women dirty etc. It may not seem like they will get there but positive outreach centers, and flooding the market with positive images of ourselves really can change things. We also shouldn't worry about what other races think of us, we are individuals that make up a race. If somebody is celebrating Boosie's release, that's on them...the individual.

Black people are not judged as individuals, which is why when white people shoot at a group of Blacks, they're given the benefit of doubt because of course those Blacks must've been up to no good.

we need to understand that although we are individuals with our own lives, we are a part of a collective, whether we like it or not, and operating as an individual is hazardous to all of us collectively, we are judged by our worst. no one cares who you are as an individual until they get to know you as a Black person, prior to that, you're judged by your uniform, your Black skin.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black people are not judged as individuals, which is why when white people shoot at a group of Blacks, they're given the benefit of doubt because of course those Blacks must've been up to no good.

we need to understand that although we are individuals with our own lives, we are a part of a collective, whether we like it or not, and operating as an individual is hazardous to all of us collectively, we are judged by our worst. no one cares who you are as an individual until they get to know you as a Black person, prior to that, you're judged by your uniform, your Black skin.
Exactly. Ask Jordan Davis if he thinks we should be judged as individuals or as a group. He'd probably have plenty to say if he were still alive.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Exactly. Ask Jordan Davis if he thinks we should be judged as individuals or as a group. He'd probably have plenty to say if he were still alive.

On the drive home, Dunn said he tried to reassure his fiance that they were in no trouble with police, although he said he told her, "We might be in trouble with the local gangsters."

:wow:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Some real mental health issues on display in this thread :merchant:

I don't know what's worst, ghetto fabolous nikkas acting like Boosie's release is the equivalent to Mandela's or clowns like @Matt504 and @kermit da hustla with these "defeatist" ass attitudes that can't sleep at night because they worried about what white people think. All of you nikkas are an embarrassment :what:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I don't know what's worst, ghetto fabolous nikkas acting like Boosie's release is the equivalent to Mandela or clowns like @Matt504 and @kermit da hustla with these "defeatist" ass attitudes worried about what white people think. All of you nikkas are an embarrassment :what:

keep being proud of "not worrying what white people think".

there's nothing defeatist about knowing what someone who wants you off the face of this earth thinks about you and the group you're a part of.

:camby:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
keep being proud of "not worrying what white people think".

there's nothing defeatist about knowing what someone who wants you off the face of this earth thinks about you and the group you're a part of.

:camby:

Why don't you go ahead and off yourself and get it over with then. Once you do that you wont have shyt else to worry about :what:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what's worst, ghetto fabolous nikkas acting like Boosie's release is the equivalent to Mandela's or clowns like @Matt504 and @kermit da hustla with these "defeatist" ass attitudes that can't sleep at night because they worried about what white people think. All of you nikkas are an embarrassment :what:
:mindblown:

Where do you all get this idea that I care what white people think?? Do you see my posts in the lupita nyong threads? Or threads about black leadership? I think we need to separate ourselves from the black underclass because WE need the resources wasted on them. Y'all are misinterpreting everything I'm saying. :snoop:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand what you all are trying to say but you guys have to stop worrying about how 'white people look at us'.

They gonna make whatever you do bad because that's how they feel towards blacks. It doesn't matter what we do...it will be bad in their eyes.
I personally feel like this is one of the reason's why a lot of people don't respect us. We're always concerned about how white people "view us".

A brotha gets arrested for some petty crime and the c00n peanut gallery comes out the woodwork with their usual "See and you wonder why white folk don't like us". These baffoons remind me of Samuel L Jackson's character from Django.

Dont get me wrong I don't justify a lot of the behaviors that a larger number of people in our community do, but we gotta stop this shyt.

*end of rant*

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
after learning our real history, I'm done trying to convince others we good people. the only folks I care about are black folks. What I look like writing off poor people when I came from that? just aint right and it isn't the answer