What supplements do you take daily?

Mofongo

Pro
Daps
Got me plant head organic protein powder today.
C4 for preworkout

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
Creatine
Fish oil
Glutamine
Multivitamins
Barley grass powder
Fibre supplement

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I feel this is somewhat the wrong thread to be asking this but at the same time we're talking about supplements. I was playing softball friday night and when I was running I just felt like I had bricks on my feet and just felt sluggish. Why was I feeling like this and is there any vitamins I can take so I'm not feeling like that?

Fefe

Banned
Daps
Simply Right Vitamin B12
5HTP for neurotransmitter support
Psyllium fiber capsule
Khaolaor Moringa capsule
Nature Made Folic Acid DHA
CVS' Hair, Skin and Nails
Actalin to prevent latent Thyroid issues (the women in my family all suffer from Thyroid gland deficiency and I don't-- yet)
Nature Made Biotin

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
Actually, synthetic vitamines are better absorbed by the body
:snoop:

go take your Ascorbic Acid and tell me that's actually vitamin C from nature.
google it, ascorbic acid in a lot of cases is just factory waste, quote me on that.
absorb better? i doubt that, but even if it did, that doesn't mean your body recognizes it, things come with codes and our bodies don't just register lab bullshyt, you making expensive pee my friend.

Shuteye

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Netherlands
:snoop:

go take your Ascorbic Acid and tell me that's actually vitamin C from nature.
google it, ascorbic acid in a lot of cases is just factory waste, quote me on that.
absorb better? i doubt that, but even if it did, that doesn't mean your body recognizes it, things come with codes and our bodies don't just register lab bullshyt, you making expensive pee my friend.

Dude! Ascorbic Acid = Vitamin C
Check out the chemical name for vitamin C: L-Ascorbic Acid. It has EXACTLY the same molecule formula and contruction as vitamin C.
Synthetic vitamins are generally better usuable for the body then natural ones. I know everybody claims you should use real food to meet your vitamin requirements, but thats only because of the other nutrients that real food products contain aside from that one specific vitamin. Also, other nutrients may help the absorbtion of the vitamin but your body has no way to tell if a vitamin is from a factory or a natural fruit...

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel this is somewhat the wrong thread to be asking this but at the same time we're talking about supplements. I was playing softball friday night and when I was running I just felt like I had bricks on my feet and just felt sluggish. Why was I feeling like this and is there any vitamins I can take so I'm not feeling like that?

Try spirulina and cordyceps supplements. Schizandra is really good for energy and focus too

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I take a whole grip of herbal supplements, vitamins, amino acids, etc. Have been experimenting, trying new products and rotating for the last 4 years

Current stack includes

Krill oil
Vitamin D
Reishi mushroom
Cayenne pepper
Astaxanthin
L-Tyrosine
Kelp
Exotic berry complex
Green tea

and my multi right now is new chapter perfect calm

DaddyTime

All Star
Daps
Dude! Ascorbic Acid = Vitamin C
Check out the chemical name for vitamin C: L-Ascorbic Acid. It has EXACTLY the same molecule formula and contruction as vitamin C.
Synthetic vitamins are generally better usuable for the body then natural ones. I know everybody claims you should use real food to meet your vitamin requirements, but thats only because of the other nutrients that real food products contain aside from that one specific vitamin. Also, other nutrients may help the absorbtion of the vitamin but your body has no way to tell if a vitamin is from a factory or a natural fruit...
:snoop: lemme guess, you're regurgitating something you learned in a class. Do some actual research bro. Keep believing we're making shyt better than billions of years of nature brehs
Here I debunk your theory using words from the mouth of the person who discovered your so called "better" version of C.

Are Ascorbic Acid and Vitamin C Identical?
Despite popular belief, they are not structurally identical. Ascorbic acid does not grow on trees or plants. It cannot be grown on a farm. It is produced in a laboratory and is an artificial reduced form of the natural Vitamin C. One analogy to help you understand this is if you compare Vitamin C to an egg, ascorbic acid would be just the egg shell with nothing inside.

The Food & Drug Administration has permitted ascorbic acid to be identified as Vitamin C. This is why beverages, foods, and supplements which are fortified with ascorbic acid can say they contain this vitamin. Technically they do contain it, since according to the FDA, they’re allowed to call it that.

How is ascorbic acid made?

Well it starts with corn syrup (that clear syrup that is nothing but refined pure corn sugar). Then follow these chemical steps:

Steps 1 thru 9 (Starch Hydrolysis): Corn starch is broken down into simple sugar (D-Glucose) by the action of heat and enzymes.

Step 10 (Hydrogenation): D-Glucose is converted into D-Sorbitol.

Step 11 (Fermentation): D-Sorbitol is converted into L-Sorbose.

Step 12 (Acetonation): Yes that's right, they use acetone! L-Sorbose is combined with an acid at low temperatures.

Step 13 (Oxidation): The product is then oxidized with a catalyst, acidified, washed and dried forming L-Gluconic Acid.

Step 14 (Hydrolysis): L-Gluconic Acid is treated with hydrochloric acid forming crude ascorbic acid.

Step 15 (Recrystallization): The crude ascorbic acid is filtered, purified and milled into a fine crystalline powder.

This finished product is not Vitamin C, but legally can be called so. Is this not very misleading to consumers? It is missing 80% of what makes up food grade Vitamin C.
The Nobel Prize winner Dr. Albert Szent-Georgi
Dr. Albert, who discovered Vitamin C, reportedly said that “ascorbic acid simply cannot confer vitamin activity.” Unfortunately, almost every supplement sold today only contain these fractional reproductions and not the whole food, natural form. Fortunately, Real C is available as a healthy alternative

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
My friend recently purchased some preworkout pills. I took a serving before yesterday's workout but today decided they weren't for me. It mainly contains l-arginine. Is that something of importance or should I not take those pills?

Daps
Vitamin D -- 4000UI/day
Mineral supplement
Vitamin B complex -- once/day
Fish Oil -- 2g/day
L-Theanine -- 200mg/day w/ 100mg caffeine
Creatine Monohydrate -- 4g/day

*Melatonin on occasion too. Take like 500 micrograms.