What stocks yall buying during this crash? Let's get this money

Daps
so yall gotta forgive me cuz i kept meaning to post about this stock but always forgot

Its NVAX and the company is called novavax, a biotech firm working on covid and also flu vaccine. It was at 11 dollars a few weeks ago and now its at 40. soon to be more..most likely. Its a bit high now but if yougot it like that, then cook.

i made a pretty penny off 3500 dollars investment at 12 bucks a stock....now its wondering when i should pull out. some say it could go as high as 200 bucks...who knows

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I meant to dump a bunch of stocks this week as I had a feeling shyt was about to tank a bit. Even texted another friend with the plan to dump this week and then buy back in a couple days later. Got busy at work and forget and now lost all my gains over the last month smh.

Last edited:

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Got it, thanks. I see it has a 7.4 dividend yield. I was always bad at math, can you explain how to calculate how much money you would earn based on the dividend yield? Pretend you are speaking to a dumbass. :heh:

Your listed dividend yield is calculated by the dividend paid out to you over the full year/ the share price for the stock at that time.

Example: Apple has a share price of $100. Their stock pays a dividend of $2/year for each share you own. Your dividend yield will be 2% ($2 for every $100). Now, if you by Apple share at $200 and they still pay $2/share, your dividend yield is 1%. Also, if you buy Apple down at $50, and they still pay $2/share, your dividend yield is now 4%

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Your listed dividend yield is calculated by the dividend paid out to you over the full year/ the share price for the stock at that time.

Example: Apple has a share price of $100. Their stock pays a dividend of $2/year for each share you own. Your dividend yield will be 2% ($2 for every $100). Now, if you by Apple share at $200 and they still pay $2/share, your dividend yield is 1%. Also, if you buy Apple down at $50, and they still pay $2/share, your dividend yield is now 4%
Ah thanks a lot, dap +rep

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you’re trying to swing or say trade that’s a problem but if you’re long term investing it isn’t much of a big deal.
Dividend stocks for the long term. I'm just mad that if I waited a little longer I could have got more shares for less. A few of them turned around today still need them to move a little to break even. Down $400 now. I owned these stocks before the shutdown, some of them are half of what I originally paid for it last year.