What stocks yall buying during this crash? Let's get this money

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I’m a novice so I’m using cashapp to get my feet wet for now, already had an account & looks simple for a beginner..

That being said, I’m gonna look into oil since you mentioned it. Is Marathon a decent one? Little over 4 a share and gonna play the long term game like you said

Chevron, Shell, or Exxon.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I’m a novice so I’m using cashapp to get my feet wet for now, already had an account & looks simple for a beginner..

That being said, I’m gonna look into oil since you mentioned it. Is Marathon a decent one? Little over 4 a share and gonna play the long term game like you said
I have MRO I got in at 3.45 it was over 4 earlier this morning

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I agree. I have a friend who taught me this stuff but I always just end up letting my financial advisors handle it. Any tips for a novice who wants to get more involved but time is not really available?

You probably have 2 approaches:

More passive investing:
1) Put your money in in SPY ETF, which tracks the S&P 500, and forget about it.
2) Put your money in a combination of Different ETFs that reflect different industries (e.g., VGT or XLK for Tech / Information Services, XLF for Financials, XLP for Consumer Staples, XLV for Healthcare)

The benefit to the ETFs is that effectively represents a basket of stocks so there is implicit diversification that you don't need to do yourself

More active investing:
1) You can selectively pick your stocks. If you're new and want to do that, I'd recommend getting your feet wet with traditional blue chip stocks
2) As you develop more comfort and a bigger risk appetite, you can start thinking about more speculative plays

If you're going to be a more active investor, you want to 1) know how to read financial statements and 2) always pay attention to news specific to your company or sector that will impact trading.

Just to even orient yourself, spend some time watching and reading CNBC

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
NEM
$50.96
0.85 (1.69%)

ORCL
$51.70
0.21 (0.40%)

KHC
$27.22
1.31 (5.09%)

AMD
$48.55
1.03 (2.16%)

BAC
$22.60
1.21 (5.65%)

:yeshrug: Scared money don't make money

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
My Filipino homie made off on Carnival like a damn bandit:skip:.

I thought my portfolio was looking nice, but cuz had double what I have just off of 3 stocks:skip:.

Bruh has like 50 shares of Carnival:wow:.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Carnival going back down, trust me

Today was the pump fake of all pump fakes, I sold a lot in the afternoon session because I saw the writing on the wall. All I'm doing is selling high and adding to my portfolio on the dip.

Anyone who is new to investing in here, I'm not an expert but trust there will be dips this market is all over the place so follow closely....

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
My Filipino homie made off on Carnival like a damn bandit:skip:.

I thought my portfolio was looking nice, but cuz had double what I have just off of 3 stocks:skip:.

Bruh has like 50 shares of Carnival:wow:.

I got 89 shares and bought in at $9.21 and again at $10.32. Aint gonna sell till hit hits $30+