What SOHH Threads Looked Like 15 Years Ago

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It was definitely confirmed that ESPN lurked SOHH since they threatened to sue over me posting the insider articles. Either someone snitched or they was already on SOHH.

It was 'loosely' confirmed that they stole material. There were times where entire sentences from a post were word for word with what was in the article. And other times articles pretty much paraphrased an entire post/collection of posts in a thread.

It happened over and over again.

All of those sites did

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
It was definitely confirmed that ESPN lurked SOHH since they threatened to sue over me posting the insider articles. Either someone snitched or they was already on SOHH.

It was 'loosely' confirmed that they stole material. There were times where entire sentences from a post were word for word with what was in the article. And other times articles pretty much paraphrased an entire post/collection of posts in a thread.

It happened over and over again.
jim_ross.0.png

I hate thieving ass fukkers...

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Yeah, Coli couldn't re-create everything like ahh's ruthless hacks and various movements or sohh's legendary aliases and the great raw posting abilities but its still a nice mix. Funny how shyt like H.O.H. is big here when that was an ahh movement with T-Shirts and all. Or how a whole new generation are being introduced to JBO without knowing how insane the original version was.

Not to make it bigger than it is, but it's cool to see that type of evolution through time. :wow:
or nikkaz don't understand how @Mowgli singld handily made " :sitdown: " into what it is today. #longlivesohhicy

:ohlawd: Or them courtdog threads when psn went down for a month, nikka had @Rekkapryde under pressure copping pleas and shyt

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I was on the IC in like 06 till they said they was remodeling it. Then I went to this offshoot site called thecorner it was from some dudes off the IC, it never got to big tho, I got myself banned cause the site was filled wit white boys. After that I went full time sohh and it surpassed the IC easily, the coli is the natural evolution of sohh tho, only difference is social media is next level huge right now and instead of the forum being you main online focus u have 3-4 social media pages that u focusing on and everything is being shared at a moments notice, and some of the people that would be on forums in the past don't need to now cause they have social media.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember when SOHH was going to shut down in late 2002? I think it was around Halloween

Even back then, it seemed like a special mix of hip-hop heads who had created a subculture of their own. Everyone was online lamenting the supposed closure and talking about how unique it was and the impact it had. Who knew we would be here more than 14 years later?

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By the way, I will go to my grave believing that forums such as SOHH basically willed the Jay-Z/Nas feud to escalate and turn from a "cold war" to a real, live epic beef on wax.

Before online hip-hop forums, rappers would throw a lot of subliminal shyt at each other that would just come and go without a way for the hip-hop community to fuel the flames. Yes, there were still beefs, but many minor and/or potential beefs never really reached a boiling point.

With places like SOHH, however, every single line of every single song (released or bootlegged or freestyled) could be analyzed to death. Subliminal disses were magnified. Random innocent lyrics that sounded like disses in the most remote ways were interpreted as such and contributed to the tensions.

When the Jay-Z/Nas beef really popped off in the summer of 2001, I just couldn't believe it was actually happening. It felt like
we were all a part of it, as corny as that sounds.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I was on the IC in like 06 till they said they was remodeling it. Then I went to this offshoot site called thecorner it was from some dudes off the IC, it never got to big tho, I got myself banned cause the site was filled wit white boys. After that I went full time sohh and it surpassed the IC easily, the coli is the natural evolution of sohh tho, only difference is social media is next level huge right now and instead of the forum being you main online focus u have 3-4 social media pages that u focusing on and everything is being shared at a moments notice, and some of the people that would be on forums in the past don't need to now cause they have social media.

Damn, you a IC refugee too? I thought you was always on sohh. I dunno, the IC to me was damn near perfect and had things that sohh lacked. But sohh I'll admit had way better posters and the alias game back then was almost as entertaining as the Donkey exposals. But you right tho, The Coli is basically an evolution to sohh. When brehs was first throwing ideas for the place I wanted TheColi to have as many og IC features as possible and for the most part this place has the few good things that could be replicated like cussing and embedded pics.

:laff:, :snooze: and :tu: will always remind me of them good old IC days in high school and my dorm room. :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
California
Yo Yo Ma vs. Kartel13

Victorian Thug

Thread where everyone was like "Ayo first off, who is you? State ya name b" or "suck a dyck, no homo"

Mr. Hands thread (funniest shyt I EVER read online)

Hawthorne da SNUGGLA

Us raiding other message boards like st0rmfr0nt (although this ultimately led to us getting big headed and getting the hack in motion smh)

Logic86 snitching shyt, plus the thread where everyone finally went iiiiin on his ass

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
summwunn and those braiding another nikkas hair wild homo threads had me pissing myself.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
What about Esoterik :mjlol:

That dude used to have me in tears..

He used to go at it with that Filipino Cali chick