What SOHH Threads Looked Like 15 Years Ago

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Sohh was the Genesis. Such classic threads. Such classic post. Such unforgettable characters

Yo Yo Ma and some tranny saying he smelled like a Muslim meat store

EFI

Classic Ether Day threads

The Dipset Movement with their many many members ( ghost of Anne jones)

Hawthorne Da Snuggla

Exposals from TLR

The Spot being wolf :demonic:territory

The servers crashing during any and all playoff match ups

Was a great time. I spent many a night laughing at my computer screen with my gf looking at me like :aicmon: :wtf:

That bytch wouldn't understand :shaq2:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
By the way, I will go to my grave believing that forums such as SOHH basically willed the Jay-Z/Nas feud to escalate and turn from a "cold war" to a real, live epic beef on wax.

Before online hip-hop forums, rappers would throw a lot of subliminal shyt at each other that would just come and go without a way for the hip-hop community to fuel the flames. Yes, there were still beefs, but many minor and/or potential beefs never really reached a boiling point.

With places like SOHH, however, every single line of every single song (released or bootlegged or freestyled) could be analyzed to death. Subliminal disses were magnified. Random innocent lyrics that sounded like disses in the most remote ways were interpreted as such and contributed to the tensions.

When the Jay-Z/Nas beef really popped off in the summer of 2001, I just couldn't believe it was actually happening. It felt like
we were all a part of it, as corny as that sounds.

Nas and Jay Z werent reading SOHH in 2001 breh.... shyt was big, but dont make it bigger than it was... especailly in 2001 with 0 social media, youtube, twitter etc.

there beef was simmering since 1997. SOHH had nothing to do with it.:francis: