What RUINED Sega? - The Fall of an Empire

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Saturn hurt them but the major bootlegging of dreamcast games was the nail in the coffin. Let's just be honest about that. You can blame them for lack of copy protection or going with a cd-r format but EVERYONE was jacking their shyt for the dreamcast. The console would have been a great success otherwise. It had great titles and value but couldn't beat the lack of revenue on the software side. Our collective greed destroyed sega. We ate good but it was the last plate we would get off em :mjcry:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
they were so ahead of their time...lot of the shyt they did then, we doing now.

Nomad is basically the 90's version of the switch

Sega Channel was like early DLC/digital content distribution
Sega was definitely ahead of it's time, they just failed on the timing of launching products
such as their message communicator device, people could message each other 9 meters away from each other.
sega_ir7000_large.jpg

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Too much bullshyt between Genesis and Dreamcast. Saturn, 32x, Sega CD, etc. :trash:

Dreamcast is one of the GOAT consoles (and my personal favorite) but by the time it came out the damage was already done and it was too late. Didn't help that Dreamcast games were stupid easy to bootleg.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
The near arcade perfect fighters.:ohlawd:
In my opinion they screwed up some of the 3D arcade releases such as the house of the dead(Missing textures, low-level graphics) However I'll give Sega Saturn the benefit of the doubt on that one as they outsourced development to Tantalus and rushed it. In addition, I believe Virtua Cop 2 suffered a similar issue like the House of The Dead and Virtua Fighter 1 I believe was rushed. Overall great SS was a great arcade port especially 2D.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Sega was really good at doing arcade games and not much else. You gotta look at MS as the successor to Sega because they swagger jacked a lot from Sega.

Last edited: