What razor y'all using to avoid razor bumps?

brickfare

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
north north
shower / wash face before with warm water (I know to exfoliate as well but I never did take skin care seriously enough smh)
cleaned and oiled Andis t liners
shave with the grain and try not to make too many passes

y'all zero gap your clipper blades?

Last edited:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Like people have said.. andis t liner.

Ive had mine for like 7+ years now and it still works. No shave bumps.

can’t remember the last time I used a razor and the straight blade razors take time learning how to use without cutting yourself.

Also get a good exfoliate and exfoliate after shaving helps as well.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
I never got razor bumps, or i at least I don't remember. Why do they occur? I always thought that's what sanitizing the blades/guards and using aftershave was for

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Andis T-Outliner then some aftershave afterward. I'll get a few ingrown hairs if don't shave after 4-5 days so I usually trim every 2-3 days. Even then, the ingrown hairs are light.

I use black soap for my face as well (Dudu Osun). Works very well for me

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I never got razor bumps, or i at least I don't remember. Why do they occur? I always thought that's what sanitizing the blades/guards and using aftershave was for

Razor bumps, at least what I've read, are just ingrown hairs. If you shave too close you run the risk of your hair growing back into your skin hence people say we black men should avoid those Gillette razors. They shave too close to the skin.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Razor bumps, at least what I've read, are just ingrown hairs. If you shave too close you run the risk of your hair growing back into your skin hence people say we black men should avoid those Gillette razors. They shave too close to the skin.
Makes sense. Long as you line it up clean i don't think them extra lil hairs matter much

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Use hot water when you shave and after you shave use aftershave or astringent. Don't shave against the grain.

Honestly, you can yse any disposable razora/straight edge/electric shavers you want just follow the steps above.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I grow a coarse coiled beard..like this
81-k-0iTysL._SX522_.jpg

When my barber shaves my head on sunday, he does my beard after with the same clippers :hhh:

Never had a problem..only experienced ingrown hairs when I tried a razor. My father uses a razor and has no bumps..