Not open for further replies.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Today let's take a look at our ...

Wide Receivers

Brandon Aiyuk - Brandon is on the team as of today. But that could change soon or they could work out a deal. Who knows? Brandon Aiyuk has steadily improved since his rookie and has emerged as one of the leagues premier receivers. With sub 4.5 speed and elite route running he is a nightmare for defenses. He doesn't have the 2nd gear speedwise that his teammate Deebo Samuels has but his elite footwork assured he is almost always open but he will fight for the ball against opposing DB and the one thing that goes unheralded that is a great blocker even in the run game. Because of his skillset he would be a 1100 yard plus receiver in almost any system. What doesn't get talked about. He only had 75 targets and put up 1300 yards with one the lowest drop percentages in the league. And he is only in the beginning of his prime.

Performance: A-
Potential: A-
Overall: A-

Deebo Samuel - Tyshun Raekwon Samuel. One of the most electric players in the NFL. Deebo is a chess piece in the Shanahan offense. He can make dynamic plays as a receiver though he isn't quite the route runner Aiyuk is. Deebo combination of size and strength (he once creamed a cornerback attempting to tackle him knocking the mouthpiece off his helmet). He can also break a touchdown from behind the line of scrimmage. One issue Deebo has a tendency to get knicked up once or twice a year because of his aggressive style and it was clear he was banged up in the playoffs. Even so Samuel can easily find 70 to 100plus all purpose yards in a game. The is keeping him healthy all year round

Performance: B+
Potential: B
Overall: B+

Jauan Jennings - Jennings was a late round pick but over the past few years he has emerged as one of the leagues better chain movers and a force in his own right as a high level slot and big pass catcher. At 6'3 215 he is not winning any footraces but he is bigger and stronger than most defensive backs and is tall enough to just out muscle then but if is lucky enough to get ball in open space he can mow down defenders or take advantage of open space. Oh not to mention he not so much a willing blocker as much he seeks it out and is strong enough to throw a 190 lb DB in the Gatorade cooler making room. He is a legit target and rightfully deserved an extension

Performance: B-
Potential: C+
Overall: B-

Ricky Pearsall - Rookie from the 2024 draft. He was the marquee first rounder from Florida State. Watching Ricky's tape draws a lot comparisons to Brandon Aiyuk. I think Pearsall may actually be faster and he comes in with a pretty solid route tree BUT he does not have Aiyuk short area quickness or I should say he struggled to separate against better competition because his breaks are not as refined. That will be something he has to work on especially since Shanahan offenses are built on rhythm and timing. Also injuries this early in are a bit concerning.

Performance: C+
Potential: B-
Overall: B-

Chris Conley - veteran receiver who has been an underrated pickup. He's a big pass catcher, solid route runner and good blocker. He has made the most of the snaps given to him

Performance: C+
Potential: C
Overall: C+

Jacob Cowing - Arizona U rookie. He is your smaller deep threat receiver. Boasting elite speed he also has the potential to be a returner.

Performance: C
Potential: C
Overall: C

Trent Taylor - Former 49ers 5th round pick. He had a promising rookie season but has been primarily a return man most of his career. He doesn't have great speed anymore but he is sure handed and rarely muffs punts.

Performance: C-
Potential: C-
Overall: C-

Danny Gray - Danny Gray is fighting to stay in the league. He has been either injured or just ineffective when he plays. At this point he will likely be cut if he does not impress this training camp by some margin.

Performance: D-
Potential: C-
Overall: D

Ronnie Bell - Despite having dynamic athleticism. Bell in his 2nd year has had a very camp thus far. These preseason games will be crucial for him.

Performance: D
Potential: D
Overall: D

Tay Martin - Camp body. A homeless man's Michael Thomas. He has the height but he is not a burner and he is not a great catcher of contested throws.

Performance: F
Potential: F
Overall: F

Jonte Kirkland - Longshot to make the roster. He was a UDFA and played in the XFL. He is a camp body with an outside chance to make the practice squad as a backup returner.

Frank Darby - Camp body. He is a good athlete but his lack of route running or blocking make.him an outsider looking in

Potential: D-

Potential: F

Unit Analysis: if the team manages to keep Aiyuk. It's elite. If not it's still very good. Forget the contract ramifications. Securing Aiyuk is the best case. If not then get a solid name back and some picks.

Aside from that it's a well coached unit.

Unit Grade: A- with Aiyuk. B without

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Did I hear this mofo right? He said Kubiak is calling the plays? I believe it. We didn't pass 20 times. Mason is a damn beast. Just wasted years of his talent. smdh fukking Goof Troop.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Puni looks legit. Dont wanna see Burford starting anymore

Mason killing running the rock but had a drop and missed the blitz

ST is clueless how to defend kickoffs :snoop:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Mustapha is gonna be a terror in the box, I don't know how good he is in coverage but he is a hitter, but his aggressiveness might get him in trouble on playaction and ball fakes. Renardo Green looks like the starter at nickel already. Lastly, Puni is gonna take somebody's spot at some point.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Mustapha is gonna be a terror in the box, I don't know how good he is in coverage but he is a hitter, but his aggressiveness might get him in trouble on playaction and ball fakes. Renardo Green looks like the starter at nickel already. Lastly, Puni is gonna take somebody's spot at some point.
Puni best rookie today
Mustapha looks good when hes making these long run missile tackles

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Puni best rookie today
Mustapha looks good when hes making these long run missile tackles
Agreed about Puni and for the reason you said about Mustapha is why I'd be concerned about him in coverage. He's almost too big to be a safety, but not big enough to be anywhere else.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Kubiak is calling the plays. I can't believe it. Kyle fakkit ass needs to let him call the plays regular season. I'm in shock right now. Commentator said this is the first time Kyle has not called the plays.

Offense looked balance. Martin and Bell had huge drops.

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Kubiak is calling the plays. I can't believe it. Kyle fakkit ass needs to let him call the plays regular season. I'm in shock right now. Commentator said this is the first time Kyle has not called the plays.

Offense looked balance. Martin and Bell had huge drops.
Hopefully Mike talked sense into his big eared fakkit son and convinced him to let kubiak takeover permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.