What Now Kyle? 2024 49ers Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
He was, several times. Seattle did a lot, Dallas did, Jacksonville did, Tampa did and the Lions. He got double teamed but if you mean 2 dbs pressed right up against him, then no. But he was double covered a lot.

Also, we will regret this if we trade him. This is the dumbest situation to ever play out besides hiring Tomsula. We should know better than anybody that number 1 receivers don't grow on trees. What I really dislike is how we're trying to fault this man for getting his money when he would have signed for way less if we didn't wait. It's not his fault that the market went crazy.
Boy you know I was talking about 2dbs pressing :comeon: . I'm talking about that Jefferson and Chase treatment. Aiyuk can't deal with that and be successful like them.

Yes. I agree Niners handled this poorly. We would have had his replacement in the draft with Thomas from LSU.

Aiyuk ain't worth the money. I don't know why people think the offense will collapse without him. If the Niners stick to the identity of the team to run the ball, he wouldn't be missed. They have three running backs they could open up the passing game.

Old ass Amari Cooper would be an upgrade but only for a few years. They have plenty of time trying to get a long term replacement.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Boy you know I was talking about 2dbs pressing :comeon: . I'm talking about that Jefferson and Chase treatment. Aiyuk can't deal with that and be successful like them.

Yes. I agree Niners handled this poorly. We would have had his replacement in the draft with Thomas from LSU.

Aiyuk ain't worth the money. I don't know why people think the offense will collapse without him. If the Niners stick to the identity of the team to run the ball, he wouldn't be missed. They have three running backs they could open up the passing game.

Old ass Amari Cooper would be an upgrade but only for a few years. They have plenty of time trying to get a long term replacement.

This might help your argument but you can't do that to our offense because we have too many other weapons. When talking about Jefferson or Chase they don't have the kind of offense to counter that. Cincy without Burrow for sure, but Minny literally has Jefferson and that's it the TE is another issue altogether. Watching Aiyuk run routes shows that he can get open against anyone, and he has for at least the past 2 seasons, we just don't force him the ball like those other teams do. But I absolutely believe he's a 14-1500 yard receiver for at least the next 3 to 4 years.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I'm glad they pulled the trigger, but trading away the WR that clearly has the best chemistry with Purdy has potential to backfire like crazy.......and we not pretending like a rookie drafted slightly too high is gonna replace him like for like.

:manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:patrice: I kinda think maiocco has become a mouthpiece of the team slowly

:picard: remember when he was saying shyt about darnold last year ? I was like no way a guy who is aware of who Joe and Steve are, is saying this shyt on his own :hubie:
We both know the real mouthpiece is Schefter though :pachaha:

Every tweet about us reads like something Lynch texted him :lolbron:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Tbh this just sounds like the front office believing no team is gonna give Aiyuk the contract he wants + the picks that we want. So if nothing happens they can tell BA that he's not worth what his agent believe he is.

And if a trade does happen they'll say they did right by the player because of cap constraints :mjlol: :mjlol:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
This might help your argument but you can't do that to our offense because we have too many other weapons. When talking about Jefferson or Chase they don't have the kind of offense to counter that. Cincy without Burrow for sure, but Minny literally has Jefferson and that's it the TE is another issue altogether. Watching Aiyuk run routes shows that he can get open against anyone, and he has for at least the past 2 seasons, we just don't force him the ball like those other teams do. But I absolutely believe he's a 14-1500 yard receiver for at least the next 3 to 4 years.
This is literally what I'm talking about. You're going to pay a guy near what they make and he hasn't experienced that kind of defense. Bad move.

That's why I'm saying his next team he won't have these weapons. He's going to look like Peerless Price.

I don't think Aiyuk sucks but I don't think he's a dominant Superstar WR. 30 mil a year. Ah hell naw. 49ers did Aiyuk like in that movie.Playas Club. When Dolla Bill said ,"Who the fukk you think you are? DJ Quik? You ain't nuttin. You don't deserve nuttin. :dead:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I'm glad they pulled the trigger, but trading away the WR that clearly has the best chemistry with Purdy has potential to backfire like crazy.......and we not pretending like a rookie drafted slightly too high is gonna replace him like for like.

:manny:
My thing is why are people acting like Purdy can't get chemistry with another WR? The rumor is Amari is coming if they deal with CLE, he is better than Aiyuk, he just had trash QBs his whole career. Purdy would be fine with him. In the mean time look to the draft to get that long term WR. Amari is good for three years tops.

And if our running game is used like it's supposed to, it wouldn't be a huge factor. There are alot of weapons on offense and it wasn't like Aiyuk was like Chase and Jefferson dominating.

Pearsall was dumb pick....I said it. This fake ass Wes Welker is a bust. He's fourth round talent. :camby:

Last edited:

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Tbh this just sounds like the front office believing no team is gonna give Aiyuk the contract he wants + the picks that we want. So if nothing happens they can tell BA that he's not worth what his agent believe he is.

And if a trade does happen they'll say they did right by the player because of cap constraints :mjlol: :mjlol:
Makes me miss the Eddie D days. Aiyuk would have been gone draft day.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
This is literally what I'm talking about. You're going to pay a guy near what they make and he hasn't experienced that kind of defense. Bad move.

That's why I'm saying his next team he won't have these weapons. He's going to look like Peerless Price.

I don't think Aiyuk sucks but I don't think he's a dominant Superstar WR. 30 mil a year. Ah hell naw. 49ers did Aiyuk like in that movie.Playas Club. When Dolla Bill said ,"Who the fukk you think you are? DJ Quik? You ain't nuttin. You don't deserve nuttin. :dead:

You might be right about that, thing is, we don't really have a replacement for him. Cooper would be a good stop-gap but Pearsall seems to be the guy they want but he's suited as a number 2 to me and I have yet to see Deebo Torch number 1 corners. At least Aiyuk would win those matchups, Deebo can't, not because he isn't skilled enough, it's because he isn't a great route runner. They can trade Aiyuk but they obviously didn't plan properly. Pearsall is not who you get to replace Aiyuk day one. My thing is they could literally sign him and trade him for more assets after the season if they chose trading him now still leaves us with an unnecessary cap hit, or we could resign him for 4 and still have more than enough to sign Purdy because the 1st couple of years for Purdy will be bonus money and the guaranteed money at the end.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
You might be right about that, thing is, we don't really have a replacement for him. Cooper would be a good stop-gap but Pearsall seems to be the guy they want but he's suited as a number 2 to me and I have yet to see Deebo Torch number 1 corners. At least Aiyuk would win those matchups, Deebo can't, not because he isn't skilled enough, it's because he isn't a great route runner. They can trade Aiyuk but they obviously didn't plan properly. Pearsall is not who you get to replace Aiyuk day one. My thing is they could literally sign him and trade him for more assets after the season if they chose trading him now still leaves us with an unnecessary cap hit, or we could resign him for 4 and still have more than enough to sign Purdy because the 1st couple of years for Purdy will be bonus money and the guaranteed money at the end.
Pearsall is Deebo lite. Can't really win outside or versus press so Florida ran him from slot, reverses orbital motions etc.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
BA and Brock had a special connection, but call me crazy for some reason I believe Pearsall can more or less replicate Aiyuk's production in this offense. I think the FO drafted him as Aiyuk insurance and after the reports coming out of camp that Pearsall is balling out, they decided they could do without Aiyuk.

My big gripe with this situation is they should have traded Aiyuk before the draft, but with CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Juan and a first round WR we should be able to field and elite offense again.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
My big gripe with this situation is they should have traded Aiyuk before the draft, but with CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Juan and a first round WR we should be able to field and elite offense again.
I wasn't expecting Aiyuk to stay past this season anyway but my only gripe is that we lose depth. WR one of the few position we actually had some insurance in case of injury but now we gonna depend on a rookie :lupe:

Status
Not open for further replies.