what makes "Die Hard" the GOAT action film

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
You gotta keep in mind Stallone and Arnie were killing machines built like gods.

Bruce Willis was an everyman. Average looks, in shape but still human, receding hairline. He was an everyman who really just had a really bad day at work.

Put it like this if you took away the set pieces and the action it could have stood on its own as a comedy or drama.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I think a huge reason is that John Mcclaine (sp?) is so relatable. People can project themselves onto him and live vicariously. He’s a regular guy in a bad spot. He doesn’t even want to save the day but feels like he has to. He’s got family issues. He’s not built like Arnold. I dunno. He’s an every man.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Die Hard holds a soft spot in my heart because it's was the first movie I ever watched after smoking weed. At that time I thought it was the perfect action movie. The everyman appeal of Bruce Willis definitely added to it. It wasn't too much over the top unrealistic shyt. Just a great action movie with nice moments of comedy sprinkled in

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Not to mention all the black characters in the film each have character

Argyle :russ:

Black hacker nikka with the bad guys :mjlol:

Reg Vel Johnson :ehh:
139b08f3-506b-4834-bc0b-10347766e1de_text_hi.gif

I remember that dude from Walker Texas Ranger

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Not to mention all the black characters in the film each have character

Argyle :russ:

Black hacker nikka with the bad guys :mjlol:

Reg Vel Johnson :ehh:
My man Argyle was just having a good time in the limo bumping Run DMC, Stevie and lying to hoes on the phone while all that shyt was happening.
tenor.gif

We need a spin off to see how he was treated when he got back to the hood.