what makes "Die Hard" the GOAT action film

Blaze500

Banned
Daps
And also its filmed in such a way that you feel like u r in that building with him. Everything blended so well, the action, violence and music. Such a skilled job by John Mctieran, Jan Debont on dop duties, just masterful work. Mcclane being such a bad ass yet so exposed. The balance in this flick is impeccable. Excellent villain. So much to praise.
don't make me choose between John Mctieran and James Cameron for GOAT action director?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think the writing structure. Every arc was met from the main story to the side characters. Every other action film burrows from it as well.
this is what you have to remember when you watch old movies....its like when I saw HEAT for the first time...I didn't really get what made it so hot...then I realized when I saw it again that EVERY movie after it copied it

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
its not. T2 is the GOAT

but to answer your question, I think its because john is portrayed as always being an inch away from death. He's not just kicking down doors mowing all the bad dudes down. He has to be smart and if he slips up then its his ass.

also the setting plays a roll as well....its unique, the building is a character
Lets also be honest...thy don't make movies like that anymore...not as gritty or with as much raw cinematography without using shytty CGI

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
It also helps that the action takes place in a building during a hostage situation. That's such a reliable setting for an action movie because it keeps the story focused AND gives every major character something to do without hurting credibility. Hell, even McClane's driver caught a body near the end...