What It’s Like to Be Black in Austin

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There's a lot of white/white latinos in TX, no matter what major areas in you going into.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I don't care how deep you are in the south. Who has the most guns? We're living in the most racially polarized era of our lives. The south is teeming with cacs armed to the teeth. As Trump intensifies his agenda and the rise of fascism among radicalized white Americans hastens, where do you feel safer? In an area populated by virulently racist demons who've spent entire generations stockpiling arms or one where whites are relatively defenseless when shyt hits the fan? :what:

have you lived in the South?

you sound like a scary nikka.

post pics of your guns, since youre armed:usure:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas, where gentrification is rapidly accelerating?

gentrification is happening in the major cities, but a good majority of Atlanta suburbs are overwhelmingly majority black, which means black businesses, schools, politicians, etc.

youre just talking out of your ass now and you have no idea what the fukk you are saying.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
That tech culture has too many liberal racists and hipsters for my liking. That keep Austin weird shyt is annoying just like the homeless people.

UT is a great school though, lots of things to do there in the city as well.

bx.lion

Banned
Daps
No matter how hard we try we will never belong to the white community, its basic human psychology. So instead of trying to fit in and getting depressed cuz of rejection/isolation we need to build our own safe communities for both rich and poor.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
Most of my friends and associates are either black or Mexican. It's chill, when I go out it's usually to the black spots, it's an HBCU in Austin. I do wish it were more black people, but it ain't a bad place to live. I like Austin.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My youngest breh in Austin finishing up medschiol.

He also complains that all the blacks and blasians he tries to holla at are already with white men :mjlol:

I guess that's his extent of noticing WS:yeshrug:

He reaaaaally likes them blasians tho:mjpls:

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
i hear Austin is being flooded with indians, true?
:whoa:something i dont want to be involved with

ScentedLinedAndeancockoftherock-max-1mb.gif
but there seems to be an influx:dead:

twhatever

we had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun
Daps
to live in austin is to be the only black person most places you go

even going to "black" events :francis:

but at this point, i dont really give a shyt cause i have my circle and thats all i need

ironically, in the 15 years I've been here, i've had 3 blatantly racist incidents and two were from :mjpls: black men :stopitslime:

Describe...:dead:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
texas in general seems :scust:
Visit and and experience it, and then give your opinion. It’s no coincidence that Houston and Dallas are seen as the most popular cities in Texas for Black people. Austin has about 150,000 Blacks. San Antonio doesn’t have much more than that. Houston has about 1.3 million and Dallas is not far from that as well. Which cities do people think would be better? Austin is pretty much the Texas version of Portland, Oregon or Columbus, Ohio.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
nikkas talking about Austin like black folks is bigfoot. Take your ass to pflugerville, Round Rock, Rundberg, East Austin, South Austin, and East St. john and tell me the city ain't got no black folks