What It’s Like to Be Black in Austin

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Racist cacs exist everywhere, but I would not be black and stay down south in this environment. Liberals aren't our allies, but they're useful cacs who have set up certain guards that make it a somewhat even battleground when the bullets fly. Black people are food down south. :francis:
:comeon: Says a nikka who's never lived in the south & is just going off lazy sterotypes.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Racist cacs exist everywhere, but I would not be black and stay down south in this environment. Liberals aren't our allies, but they're useful cacs who have set up certain guards that make it a somewhat even battleground when the bullets fly. Black people are food down south. :francis:

you sound dumb. you safer in the south than anywhere else. some of yall nikkas really dont know how deep we are in the south .

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
:comeon: Says a nikka who's never lived in the south & is just going off lazy sterotypes.
Its always crazy but these up north nikkas always live somewhere thats whiter than most major cities in the south :mjpls:

Mfcas living in Boston talking about racist cacs in southern cities, where whites are only 20% of the population :heh:

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
Austin seems like any liberal city. The neighborhoods close to downtown are all cac central liberal hipsters who'll call the police on your Black ass with no hesitation.
The neighborhoods close to downtown aren’t white. Austin was the most segregated Texas city just 50 years ago.

Lived their my whole life, until graduating college. Austin is great. It could use more black ppl but it’s not like you’ll ever be there and not see us. We are definitely out here.

That being said the main appeal is the college town feel, cheap living, good food, music and fun festivals, downtown, and I can hit Houston and dallas in a couple hrs. I’m in Cali now and still miss it at times

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Im out in Corpus Christi for a couple years and its nothing but Mexicans here. People been telling me to hit up Austin but i already knew what it was:mjpls:

Havent hit up San Antonio yet but Houston still got the baddies

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
Im out in Corpus Christi for a couple years and its nothing but Mexicans here. People been telling me to hit up Austin but i already knew what it was:mjpls:

Havent hit up San Antonio yet but Houston still got the baddies

There's even more mexicans out here, just take that detour and hit up Houston.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
to live in austin is to be the only black person most places you go

even going to "black" events :francis:

but at this point, i dont really give a shyt cause i have my circle and thats all i need

ironically, in the 15 years I've been here, i've had 3 blatantly racist incidents and two were from :mjpls: black men :stopitslime: