What It’s Like to Be Black in Austin

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:mjcry:Born and raised.. Austin's black population was greater in my younger years but i literally witnessed the crack epidemic with my own eyes riddle our community to destruction. That along with black business owners being put out of service due to rising property taxes in east austin where 80%of the population was black played another major part in our dwindling numbers. If that didnt help, older black business owners' children were targeted in the late 70s and 80s with drugs which completely ended any type of generational wealth or strong hold on black own property. Now gentrification is rearing its ugly head and the shyt is beyond sickening.i love my city and im proud to be from Austin, unfortunately each time i leave my house, im consistently reminded the harsh reality of being black in a majority non black city:francis:

Last edited:
Daps
you sound dumb. you safer in the south than anywhere else. some of yall nikkas really dont know how deep we are in the south .

I don't care how deep you are in the south. Who has the most guns? We're living in the most racially polarized era of our lives. The south is teeming with cacs armed to the teeth. As Trump intensifies his agenda and the rise of fascism among radicalized white Americans hastens, where do you feel safer? In an area populated by virulently racist demons who've spent entire generations stockpiling arms or one where whites are relatively defenseless when shyt hits the fan? :what:

hatealot

Banned
Daps
:mjcry:Born and raised.. Austin's black population was greater in my younger years but i literally witnessed the crack epidemic with my own eyes riddle our community to destruction. That along with black business owners being put out of service due to rising property taxes in east austin where 80%of the population was black played another major part in our dwindling numbers. If that didnt help, older black business owners' children were targeted in the late 70s and 80s with drugs which completely ended any type pf generational wealth or strong hold on black own property. Now gentrification is rearing its ugly head and the shyt is beyond sickening.i love my city and im proud to be from Austin, unfortunately each time i live my house, im consistently reminded the harsh reality of being black in a majority non black city:francis:
i hear Austin is being flooded with indians, true?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Racist cacs exist everywhere, but I would not be black and stay down south in this environment. Liberals aren't our allies, but they're useful cacs who have set up certain guards that make it a somewhat even battleground when the bullets fly. Black people are food down south. :francis:

You’re a dumbass.

“Blacks are food in the south”
nikka this ain’t Jim Crow. You talking like we getting lynched here every weekend.

A black dude just got killed by police in California.

Besides Trayvon, most of the killing of unarmed blacks have been happening outside the south :dahell:

I get it tho you scared of cacs and probably grew up in a all cac neighborhood and you have your tail tucked between your legs.

You wouldn’t last in a black city like New Orleans, Atlanta, Memphis, Birmingham, Montgomery, Jackson or Charlotte

Daps
You’re a dumbass.

“Blacks are food in the south”
nikka this ain’t Jim Crow. You talking like we getting lynched here every weekend.

A black dude just got killed by police in California.

Besides Trayvon, most of the killing of unarmed blacks have been happening outside the south :dahell:

I get it tho you scared of cacs and probably grew up in a all cac neighborhood and you have your tail tucked between your legs.

You wouldn’t last in a black city like New Orleans, Atlanta, Memphis, Birmingham, Montgomery, Jackson or Charlotte

Most of the killings by who? Police. I'll give you that. But citizens? When the shyt hits the fan, who's in a better position? Blacks living in an area where 9/10 cacs are armed? Or blacks in a region of unarmed liberal cacs? I'm not talking about the police. I'm talking about the citizens. If you are in a state of civil unrest, where it is blacks against whites, which region sees us more able to inflict harm? :francis:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Most of the killings by who? Police. I'll give you that. But citizens? When the shyt hits the fan, who's in a better position? Blacks living in an area where 9/10 cacs are armed? Or blacks in a region of unarmed liberal cacs? I'm not talking about the police. I'm talking about the citizens. If you are in a state of civil unrest, where it is blacks against whites, which region sees us more able to inflict harm? :francis:

Even then, your logic is flawed.

This is the south. EVERYONE has guns not just cacs. Plus the majority of the black population is down here.

Just because y’all scared to carry where you from doesn’t mean we are down here.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
You sound scary as hell lol

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Just being realistic. It's not about fear. My mind is primed for what's coming. I'm talking about sheer numbers. Let's look at Chicago, one of the largest cities in the country. Who has more guns up there? Not whites. :francis:
Chicago is right next to Indiana. Cac haven full of gun toting hicks. Pennsylvania is the same way. Cacs have numbers and guns everywhere

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Just being realistic. It's not about fear. My mind is primed for what's coming. I'm talking about sheer numbers. Let's look at Chicago, one of the largest cities in the country. Who has more guns up there? Not whites. :francis:

Please just shut up. Stop babbling about some unrealistic COD race war and think of the bigger picture. Majority of southern cites have large swaths of black home ownership, business, and overall wealth while norther city blacks are getting shyt on. I’d rather deal with some toothless hick with a gun(which I would have access too) then some liberal cac taking advantage of things like higher property taxes to engineer gentrification and push me out of my neighborhood

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could never get the appeal of an austin type town....ive unwillingly done the hillbilly overwhelmingly white "liberal" town thing before before with Lawrence ks. shyt got old in a week.

If you aint making serious bread whats the goddamn point

Daps
Let's pick certain areas and turn them into black cultural hubs as opposed to trying to be everywhere. Theres power in numbers and no power in being spread thin

Daps
Please just shut up. Stop babbling about some unrealistic COD race war and think of the bigger picture. Majority of southern cites have large swaths of black home ownership, business, and overall wealth while norther city blacks are getting shyt on. I’d rather deal with some toothless hick with a gun(which I would have access too) then some liberal cac taking advantage of things like higher property taxes to engineer gentrification and push me out of my neighborhood

Southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas, where gentrification is rapidly accelerating?