What is your relationship with Squats?

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Love them? Hate them? Do them every leg day? Never touching them again?

I've been squatting as long as I've been lifting. Some days I dread going, and other days I'm ready to kill it. Definitely a love/hate relationship.

It's one of the exercises I'll find any reason to stay below 6 reps on if I can help it. Something about high rep squats just crush your soul.

What about y'all?

oh-no-lifting.gif

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Idk what you mean by “relationship“. :dame:

Squats are an essential lift. They’re Mando, word to Din Djarin.
Mando-Blessed-removebg-preview.png

I do them (front and/or back) every Full Body day, Lower Body session, Leg Day, or end-of-year 1RM test and I always do them first when my chakra levels are highest. When I was squatting heavy singles up to 10 times a week I became a physical gawd, word to Dr. Manhattan. :ohlawd:

I don’t particularly enjoy them but that doesn’t matter, Imma do them anyways. :unimpressed:

• When I have a big three competition coming up? I squat more.
  • When I have a deadlift expo on the calendar? I squat more.
  • Need to flex in the gym on somebody? Load up for skwats or deads.
  • Have a fitness eval? Make sure my squat frequency isn’t low so my legs don’t get gassed.

Squats are the king of all exercises and power up all your other jutsu like Sage Mode. Bench goes up. Deads go up. Front Squats go up. Drawers and Pant sizes go up. :dame:

I mostly stay at 5 or fewer reps. High rep sets have their place but are always less-specific to powerlifting than lower-rep sets. :manny:

@trap101 @Starski @Serious @The ADD @Gully Bull @HARLEM AL @Luck @DrexlersFade @PortCityProphet @Yinny @dora_da_destroyer

trap101

All Star
Daps

I do them (front and/or back) every Full Body day, Lower Body session, Leg Day, or end-of-year 1RM test and I always do them first when my chakra levels are highest. When I was squatting heavy singles up to 10 times a week I became a physical gawd, word to Dr. Manhattan. :ohlawd:

I don’t particularly enjoy them but that doesn’t matter, Imma do them anyways. :unimpressed:

• When I have a big three competition coming up? I squat more.
  • When I have a deadlift expo on the calendar? I squat more.
  • Need to flex in the gym on somebody? Load up for skwats or deads.
  • Have a fitness eval? Make sure my squat frequency isn’t low so my legs don’t get gassed.

Squats are the king of all exercises and power up all your other jutsu like Sage Mode. Bench goes up. Deads go up. Front Squats go up. Drawers and Pant sizes go up. :dame:

I mostly stay at 5 or fewer reps. High rep sets have their place but are always less-specific to powerlifting than lower-rep sets. :manny:

@trap101 @Starski @Serious @The ADD @Gully Bull @HARLEM AL @Luck @DrexlersFade @PortCityProphet @Yinny @dora_da_destroyer
The Sage has spoken (you ain't tag @ThiefyPoo , but she ain't tap in with the gym thread in a minute so she probably got lawst and stopped aspiring towards Yarishna status :francis:). .....nothing more to be said about the GAWD lift. But you should've expressed your admiration for the lift in the Random Gym thread @MuzzyP cause now you gonna have all the :flabbynsick: Coli nikkas come in here and derail the thread wit their bytch made excuses....:hhh:....

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
The Sage has spoken (you ain't tag @ThiefyPoo , but she ain't tap in with the gym thread in a minute so she probably got lawst and stopped aspiring towards Yarishna status :francis:). .....nothing more to be said about the GAWD lift. But you should've expressed your admiration for the lift in the Random Gym thread @MuzzyP cause now you gonna have all the :flabbynsick: Coli nikkas come in here and derail the thread wit their bytch made excuses....:hhh:....

:snoop:

@ThiefyPoo

When Bhris Brown said these girls ain't loyal. :francis:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I hurt myself at work Breh ain’t been in a month . When I come back from vacation I’ll be back .

Been going just haven’t been posting .

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps

This right here. I don't even try to convince people to do them anymore. Whenever someone has an excuse for not doing them, I accept that they don't want to do squats and move on.
Side note, that gif in OP leaves me with so many questions :francis:

Last edited: