What is the history of NYC's "Chopped Cheese"

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Yeah, it also wasn't a thing when i grew up...

Seems it blew up more years back when NYC became an online meme & people ran with it like everyone was eating it.

Same with Timbs, people wore them, but now you think it's ONLY wheat that's worn. You don't hear about the all Blacks or Beef & Brocs. Not even the field boots. Hell, a lot people in the late 90s also wore Nike ACGs & Gore-Tex boots

my guy :salute:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
word so some new age fukk shyt created by Arabs. Got it.

BK brehs swallowing balls for that middle eastern special....hate 2 c it ...n on top that shyt has origins n Harlem :francis:

I first heard Cam rapping about it in the 2000s :ohhh:

stand in the lobby, Cam and his posse
Steak and cheese... sandwich from Hajji's (110th)

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Thanks for this thread bc I was wondering myself, but being that I didn't grow up on bodega food, I wasn't sure if it had always been there.

Incidentally, a thing no one ever mentions is how much tea nikkas be drinking from the bodega. Them blue cups in the morning don't be coffee.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Thanks for this thread bc I was wondering myself, but being that I didn't grow up on bodega food, I wasn't sure if it had always been there.

Incidentally, a thing no one ever mentions is how much tea nikkas be drinking from the bodega. Them blue cups in the morning don't be coffee.

The Chinese ginger crystals(:scust:) and Lemon Zinger Teas fly off the shelf during the winter. :pachaha:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I’m an east coast head not from NY & I thought the same shyt. Growing up I didn’t hear about chopped cheese as some NYC staple.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
In the 80s Coney Islands in Detroit sold "Loose Burgers", seasoned ground beef with onions on a hotdog bun. Cheese was commonly added. Just looks like NYC used a French roll instead.

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
It’s part of the me no black papi NYC takeover

came here to pist this exact video. shoutout to big rey

its just random bodega food. cacs came and pulled some christopher columbus shyt. they did the same shyt with brisket and tacos.

id drop my order from local taco spots but you know…cacs gon ‘discover’ shyt :francis:

Last edited: