What is the history of NYC's "Chopped Cheese"

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I been in NYC my whole life and I never heard of it until the yuppies moved into Brooklyn/NYC around 2009 - 2014
No New Yorker that I know would willingly walk into a deli and order a sandwich with red meat -dame-
Not knowing how long that m'fukka been in that refrigerator.

:manny:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I remember used to be able to get elbow macaroni fresh as hell at the bodega :mjcry: not not more tho

Might try my hand at a chopped cheese this weekend. Or a Banh Mi.

Daps
Some cheap fukkking ahki no doubt. I don't understand how this became a MEME and a false "staple"

And it started as an around Harlem staple before it somehow became the unofficial sandwich of the 5 boroughs... was a time you could tell who was new to NYC by acting like a chopped cheese was the greatest thing since sliced bread :krs: won't stop me from grubbing on one :yeshrug: But Brooklyn streets wasn't starving for something like it when I was growing up

Chef

All Star
Daps
I don’t remember when it became a thing. I prefer hot pastrami. After I saw the amount of sazon seasoning, that shyt fukked with me.:mjlol: I saw Ahk dump the whole package on the flattop. :dahell:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I been in NYC my whole life and I never heard of it until the yuppies moved into Brooklyn/NYC around 2009 - 2014
No New Yorker that I know would willingly walk into a deli and order a sandwich with red meat -dame-
Not knowing how long that m'fukka been in that refrigerator.

:manny:

word I was gone by then.....makes sense.....

@Sauce Mane whattup tho

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
This didn't exist when I was still technically a resident.

How did this become a thing and when?

:dahell:
This has always been a thing wtf lol

Just a corner store hood spot thing and tbh it wasn't even that serious. You'd more so see nikkas ordering a honey glazed turkey lettuce tomato before ordering a fukking chopped cheese but TikTok ruined it all.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
This has always been a thing wtf lol

Just a corner store hood spot thing and tbh it wasn't even that serious. You'd more so see nikkas ordering a honey glazed turkey lettuce tomato before ordering a fukking chopped cheese but TikTok ruined it all.

No TF it wasn't "always a thing". I never heard of it until the internet.

I had business in bodegas u capping.