What is the big deal about Breaking Bad?

RisAri0

<<dunno what swag means
Daps
This is the only show I wish I can forget about....

....... just so I can re-watch and react to the moments of each episode like its brand new to me. I havent enjoyed anxiety and tension in my life til I watched the show.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I agree with this for the most part, but Giancarlo Esposito (Gus) is a great actor. Also the actors that played Mike & Saul were very dope.
No no they were not decent actors they were phenomenal:what:
Not just Giancarlo, Odenkirk, and Banks.

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't mind the show being unrealistic but if we're talking about unrealistic shyt from the show how about skyler being so against what Walt is doing? Ain't no white bytch on earth turning down the opportunity to live the American dream. Gtfoh

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Game of Thrones gets worse every season while Breaking Bad only improved.
Breaking Bad has better writing.
More classic episodes and moments.
More classic story arcs.
Is better in literally every category.
Thats a damn lie. GoT gets better, BB last season was azz.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I think many ppl who don't like the show are the ones who came in late, after the hype....and then binge watched expecting it to move faster than it did.

I myself came in late(right as season 4 was over), but I was oblivious to most of the hype. I didnt know the premise of teh show or any of the actors.

It was all new to me and each episode had just enough to hold me to the next....and it just kept getting better to me.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thats a damn lie. GoT gets better, BB last season was azz.

This is a wildly unpopular opinion that will never gain traction outside of a few Daps on a message board. :yeshrug:

Fred.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
As someone who used to sell drugs...and hang around people who sold drugs...i could never get into the show...just in the first 3 episodes I found myself saying "He'd be dead if he did that...He'd be dead if he did that...his family would be dead if he did that." Outside of the DEA stuff, the drug angle of the show...which is a major part of the show...is so far off...yet somehow it seems to me that they actually tried to make it realistic...

Also, I invariably end up comparing this show to the wire...and to me, the wires worst season ( season 2 ) is better than whatever breaking bad's best season is...

Cranston was masterful in this...Paul was entertaining in this...but after that...nah

I can understand that
And it’s true
You gotta suspend your belief for the show

It’s like a comic book tv series

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we are all kinda like walter white, we all have regrets in life

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Finished season 4. Incredible!!!. :whoo::whew::wow:

Not sure how season 5 is gonna go, that season 4 ending felt like a series finale. Hopefully it doesnt jump the shark here :patrice:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finished season 4. Incredible!!!. :whoo::whew::wow:

Not sure how season 5 is gonna go, that season 4 ending felt like a series finale. Hopefully it doesnt jump the shark here :patrice:

The best episode of the entire series is actually in season 5. You'll know it when you see it.

Fred.