What is LL Cool J missing that keeps him out of real GOAT discussion?

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
LL's .legacy was already etched in stone by that point.

he was in year 10 and survived 3 eras in the golden age as a top rapper when he dropped 14 shots.
and this is back in the golden age when longevity actually meant something.

and pink cookies was the chit.

ehh

youre mad cuz he shut down your thread with that post.

THIS

and dudes is killin me with the "girl song" chit. they got dudes in here comparing him to drake.:laugh:

LL COOL J IS HARD AS HELL!!!

bolded is false

and that idea is pushed because hip-hop media doesnt pick up before the late '80s/early '90s - the period where most "critics" first got into hip-hop like that.

What part of Queens are from? Hollis? Forest Hills?

I was watching Video Music Box and listening to Red Alert like every other hip hop head my age. LL was dropping garbage between radio and MSKYO. Son couldn't hold a candle to Rakim, Kane, Slick Rick, KRS or even Chuck D. Heavy D had better records. shyt Bobby Brown was dropping better verses than LL by the time 14 shots came out.

Go spin your wiki rap nonsense somewhere else.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
so I guess to answer the thread...the beats...never working with pete rock, premo, large pro, etc
I agree with this. He best bars sound dated because the beats aged like milk.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
To me he has endless hits just like Drake. My top 5 has been Pac, BIG, Nas, Scarface, Ice Cube because they have hit records and songs with a message. How many artist can drop a single like Brendas got a baby and be #1.

having a "message" is not a requirement. its more of an elective.
and even still, ll cool j has plenty of records with a message.

2pac wasnt even popular like that when Brenda was out.

you got scarface in your top 5 and yet youre trying to DQ somebody, claiming that theyre lacking something?? the audacity. scarface is lacking legit requirements but hes in your top 5, while youre calling out arguanly the most complete rapper ever??

I agree with this. He best bars sound dated because the beats aged like milk.

the beats aged great.

and he had some of the all-time goat producers behind the boards.

people on here just mad that LL didnt make enough music for the sausagefests.

Many of his albums after GOAT were forgettable? Never hear people discuss his albums after GOAT.
Plenty of dope singles after that album but the album cuts were meh I'm assuming.
Maybe if he retired at GOAT he'd be in GOAT conversations.

every artist who doesnt die in their prime, over-stays their welcome.

if we're keeping the same energy, then what does this say about jay-z, whos had a total of 1 good album thru the past 15 years??
same goes for Nas as well, to a lesser extent.

What part of Queens are from? Hollis? Forest Hills?

I was watching Video Music Box and listening to Red Alert like every other hip hop head my age. LL was dropping garbage between radio and MSKYO. Son couldn't hold a candle to Rakim, Kane, Slick Rick, KRS or even Chuck D. Heavy D had better records. shyt Bobby Brown was dropping better verses than LL by the time 14 shots came out.

Go spin your wiki rap nonsense somewhere else.

what does any of this nonsense have to do with what i said??

so BAD is garbage now?? last i checked, it was a certified classic.

you up here pretending to be 50 but posting like youre 15 with an internet gimmick alias to boot.

Omg..its that HIS vouchers aint on message boards at their age or all over the net. The guys/rappers who were his peers or came in the 90s always mention LL as a GOAT. Their opinion matters waaay more than yalls..

Yall buggin with these threads

THIS
THIS
THIS

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
having a "message" is not a requirement. its more of an elective.
and even still, ll cool j has plenty of records with a message.

2pac wasnt even popular like that when Brenda was out.

you got scarface in your top 5 and yet youre trying to DQ somebody, claiming that theyre lacking something?? the audacity. scarface is lacking legit requirements but hes in your top 5, while youre calling out arguanly the most complete rapper ever??

the beats aged great.

and he had some of the all-time goat producers behind the boards.

people on here just mad that LL didnt make enough music for the sausagefests.

every artist who doesnt die in their prime, over-stays their welcome.

if we're keeping the same energy, then what does this say about jay-z, whos had a total of 1 good album thru the past 15 years??
same goes for Nas as well, to a lesser extent.

you up here pretending to be 50 but posting like youre 15 with an internet gimmick alias to boot.

THIS
THIS
THIS

What does Scarface lack?

For the ladies

Cops

The man has the total package

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX

Because you caping for this nikka like he was on your block or just one of these never been there ass internet nikkas saying dumb shyt about a golden age without any substance.

LL was a cornball Queens clown with a good flow & a terrible catalog. How far back do you have to go to find a definitive classic by him? 84?

Where are the songs by LL that the culture can't live without? :lupe:

Aight so maybe songs and albums wasn't his thing, but he had them bars right? Post some of those dope ass lyrics LL was spitting that had dudes shaking in their boots when they heard them..... :sas2:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
LL was a cornball Queens clown with a good flow & a terrible catalog. How far back do you have to go to find a definitive classic by him? 84?

Where are the songs by LL that the culture can't live without?

Aight so maybe songs and albums wasn't his thing, but he had them bars right? Post some of those dope ass lyrics LL was spitting that had dudes shaking in their boots when they heard them.....

i see that youre just trolling.

youre wasting my time now.

im not into all that goofy talk.

N711oir

All Star
Daps
:yeshrug: I think like one poster said / he primarily made hits/ songs for women...

In this country even outside of music what type of voice do women have:sas2:

You have to space that sh*t out..

He's in the league w/ jarule/ fab/ I'd even put drake in there..

Drake is the Walmart of rap music...

Does no one thing particularly great but a one stop shop for all your hip-hop needs:blessed: and put your mom and pop sh*t / local talent out of business:ufdup:

Want reggae/ calipso sound got u/ want es-spanyoll/ got u/ thug street joints/ r&b...etc...etc..

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
LL's .legacy was already etched in stone by that point.

he was in year 10 and survived 3 eras in the golden age as a top rapper when he dropped 14 shots.
and this is back in the golden age when longevity actually meant something.

and pink cookies was the chit.

ehh

youre mad cuz he shut down your thread with that post.

THIS

and dudes is killin me with the "girl song" chit. they got dudes in here comparing him to drake.:laugh:

LL COOL J IS HARD AS HELL!!!

bolded is false

and that idea is pushed because hip-hop media doesnt pick up before the late '80s/early '90s - the period where most "critics" first got into hip-hop like that.
I didn’t say there weren’t any good or classic albums there just weren’t anywhere near as many compared to 87-96. I was actually listening to the new school era of Whodini Run, MC Ricky D, LL, UTFO etc when they came out. Slick Rick didn’t even put out an album until the golden era. Rap music was mainly a singles era before 1987. 87 ushered in a plethora of albums in which a lot of them were good to great. Both Old and New School eras were great but they were not apart of the Golden Era. A lot people really only consider the Golden Era 87-89.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Bruh I'm 37 fukking years old and when I think of LL at his best, my mind turns to Doing It, Hey Lover and Who Do You Love...

Classic 90s joints sure, but nothing that would put him in a GOAT discussion.

Now add that whole bunch of garbage this man hit with me since (Paradise is very niiiice) and is it really a surprise he ain't seen like that?

Like I'm approaching 40 and I'm too young to have seen LL at his peak

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
I probably wouldn't have made this thread if I had heard this bullshyt

"R.I.P. Robert E. Lee but I gotta thank Abraham Lincoln for freeing me ":krs:

fukk this lame ass nikka, and it hurts to say because my late mother bought me the clean version of G.O.A.T. for my birthday as a kid :pacspit::mjcry:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
LL is a lil light wit the bars....just a lil, and I mean this only compared to the greats