What is it with GEN X Whites pretending the 90s was a utopia of Race relations?

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know
Gen x (1980s and 1990s) was the racist skinhead era.

Apartheid South Africa still existed.

Music was strictly segregated with the exceptions of a select small number of crossover superstar acts like Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson, Bob Marley, Prince, etc. Teddy Riley, Keith Sweat, Freddie Jackson, Frankie Beverley , Mint Condition, Jodeci….very few cacs were aware of these artists in real time back in the 1980s and the entire 1990s. Same way black folks back then never heard about most cac artists/ singers Excepted the biggest ones like Madonna or Paul McCartney.

Rap wasn’t as mainstream, ubiquitous and popular as now.

In the 1990s, Racist crackers proudly wore this racist ass confederate t shirt as a response to the popularity of Spike Lee movie Malcolm X and to young black folks with Malcolm X/Afrocentric/black consciousness gear.

photo-261.jpg

they always live in their comfortable bubble, that’s why they are so delusional. They can afford to ignore the harsh realities of racism because they ain’t living in it or affected by it. Simple.
With The mid 80s and 90s being the height of The MTV Generation. Are you sure music was segregated? I see people arguing music is even more segregated now due to streaming services and playlists. We all watched MTV back then. Even if you didn’t like certain music.. we was all exposed to the same stuff. In the 90s/00s music definitely was segregated as much as today where we don’t have MTV. This song was the Number 1 song on the pop charts in 1993 They definitely knew about this record in 96. I definitely heard the popular Pop and Rock songs of the day as opposed to today .

Last edited:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
They weren't there for the "wigger" era, they used to call any white boy with a fade, wore black fashion or listened to rap that.

That word sounds quite similar to another word, hmm I just remembered what that word actually means. Funny how there's a whole generation that acts like that word never existed.
:mjgrin:

I just entered my 30s and can remember when whites were proud crackers.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
It's only the Gen X cacs that didn't actually live in big citites and interact with black folks on a regular basis

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This was cut like a bad wrestling promo.

I ain't even a Gen Xer, but I had someone in the KKK pull out a knife on me.

Some white people just want their worldview cosigned and don't really care about other people's reality.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
I'm a millennial, but I do think the 90s race relations >>> today in terms of realness. As a kid, IR friendships seemed to be more common and real among adults and children. The OJ thing probably deaded that, I don't know, but race relations were better back then than now. :manny:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I did think it was dead and those whites I grew up with would be the ones to really stamp out racism...but sadly pretty much all those guys became MAGA or that secretly racist liberal type. But I definitely thought once their grandparents and older parents died off that white ppl would put all that racist shyt aside. But the country went backwards, not just white ppl, the Entire country .
Racism is too sweet of a deal for cacs to give up.

Imagine being mediocre and still winning at life … cause of your white skin. The fact that it’s true is truly amazing.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Another goofy branch of 'back in my day' nonsense, sadly.

Revisionism everywhere. All music was positive. All relationships lasted forever. And racism was a figment of everyone's imagination. :deadrose:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I’m sure the Whites will say the same thing about this current era in the 2050’s :skip: