What is it with GEN X Whites pretending the 90s was a utopia of Race relations?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
90s wasn't like that. We barely associated with each other. It was straight social segregation, especially in schools. White kids barely associated with Blacks, and vice versa. Most off them listen to Rock, we didn't.

For most part, we avoided them, they avoided us. Eminem, and the death of Rock music in the mainstream changed a lot of things

I grew up mostly in the late 90s/2000s and its how I remember it. White people avoided anything "black" like the plague. Rap. Basketball. Black movies. Now I gotta listen to cacs online tell me I'm a casual when them fakkits were playing Lacrosse growing up :heh:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It wasn't this utopia some older white people seem to believe it was but without the 24 hour news cycle and social media it could definitely be out of sight out of mind. As a child I and many other poor little black kids didn't have much association with white people besides a few of our teachers and I never had any issues with them. As for older adults you could smile in someone's face publicly and shyt on them privately without anyone ever being the wiser. Despite there being a number of major racial flashpoints in the 90s, these events couldn't be mined for outrage and partisan engagement.

Prolonged visible divisions (more political than racial) in this country manifested during the Bush years coinciding with the rise of the Internet and the 24 hour news cycle. Obama becoming President during the beginning of the social media era brought racial tensions to the fore in ways that hadn't been seen in decades and it has just gotten progressively worse.

Nah, when Obama got RE-elected in 2012, was when the CACs had enough of racial progress. That's when MAGA was quickly coming mainstream.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
did he not see that Oprah episode with those Forsyth county racists? Cumming only recently stopped being a sundown town. He brought up Pac.. guess he didn’t see the Holler if ya hear me video. Forsyth is a white flight area and so is Sandy Springs

My parents also got harassed by racists in corporate America. It’s why a lot of black dads came home angry with drinking problems
Gen x (1980s and 1990s) was the racist skinhead era.

Apartheid South Africa still existed.

Music was strictly segregated with the exceptions of a select small number of crossover superstar acts like Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson, Bob Marley, Prince, etc. Teddy Riley, Keith Sweat, Freddie Jackson, Frankie Beverley , Mint Condition, Jodeci….very few cacs were aware of these artists in real time back in the 1980s and the entire 1990s. Same way black folks back then never heard about most cac artists/ singers Excepted the biggest ones like Madonna or Paul McCartney.

Rap wasn’t as mainstream, ubiquitous and popular as now.

In the 1990s, Racist crackers proudly wore this racist ass confederate t shirt as a response to the popularity of Spike Lee movie Malcolm X and to young black folks with Malcolm X/Afrocentric/black consciousness gear.

photo-261.jpg

Breh they’re fukking CACs, they’ve always been delusional and disingenuous :heh:
they always live in their comfortable bubble, that’s why they are so delusional. They can afford to ignore the harsh realities of racism because they ain’t living in it or affected by it. Simple.

Last edited:

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:
Believe that the weekly adventures of Captain Planet and the planeteers are real life crehs

Superstar
Daps
did he not see that Oprah episode with those Forsyth county racists? Cumming only recently stopped being a sundown town. He brought up Pac.. guess he didn’t see the Holler if ya hear me video. Forsyth is a white flight area and so is Sandy Springs

My parents also got harassed by racists in corporate America. It’s why a lot of black dads came home angry with drinking problems

Cumming been soft. They’ve been wannabee’s sending out empty threats to women since before the Oprah episode. When I moved back I used to make it a point to go after dark while concealed carrying after I finished hiking or visiting vineyards. The worst places are actually the northern and northeastern valleys on the north side of the lake, along the Alabama border, and the coastal plains.

Even now they know to tuck tail because they know we’ll pop first or pop back. Meth and opiates also did a number on them, their kids joined the Ghostface and stay high or in prison for preying on each other. Take a trip up north if you like hiking. the devastation is crazy. shyt looks like a poorly kept reservation full of burned out trailers, drug treatment centers, and anti-drug billboards. shyt look like grove street after CJ left, just zombies and shyt.

Forsyth and Hall counties got mobbed by Latino’s and upper middle class brehs/brehettes are pretty deep up there now too.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
It’s funny how cacs still try to put the whole crying victim thing on us when they are the number 1 people at playing victim. All they have done since Obama was elected is cry cry and cry some more on some woe is me. fukk them and their ancestors and their future generation.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
It wasn't this utopia some older white people seem to believe it was but without the 24 hour news cycle and social media it could definitely be out of sight out of mind. As a child I and many other poor little black kids didn't have much association with white people besides a few of our teachers and I never had any issues with them. As for older adults you could smile in someone's face publicly and shyt on them privately without anyone ever being the wiser. Despite there being a number of major racial flashpoints in the 90s, these events couldn't be mined for outrage and partisan engagement.

Prolonged visible divisions (more political than racial) in this country manifested during the Bush years coinciding with the rise of the Internet and the 24 hour news cycle. Obama becoming President during the beginning of the social media era brought racial tensions to the fore in ways that hadn't been seen in decades and it has just gotten progressively worse.
This seems very accurate. :ehh:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
90s wasn't like that. We barely associated with each other. It was straight social segregation, especially in schools. White kids barely associated with Blacks, and vice versa. Most off them listen to Rock, we didn't.

For most part, we avoided them, they avoided us. Eminem, and the death of Rock music in the mainstream changed a lot of things

Eminem did not change anything. They just in mass created the racist hiphopinfinity fard type.

Art Barr