What is a c00n?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yeah that's great, but lets talk about how people incorrectly use antebellum racial slurs. :ehh:

@bk @Brooklynzson Yall don't mind if this thread gets stickied do yall? I think we really need to have this talk.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that's a problem, because those weren't subjective terms they have actual meanings that no one bothered to look up. It's actually ironic as hell that people call sellouts Uncle Tom's when he wasn't the sellout in the book in which the reference originates from.

It's not enough to say down with cacs, you gotta understand the subtle methods of misinformation used on black folk. :ld:

My bad I ain't see that part.

Yeah, I actually read Uncle Tom's Cabin back in college, and while I understood why there were certain elements of the character that carried over to the term that we now know today, I was :ohhh:at how different the actual Uncle Tom was from the term Uncle Tom lol

Yes, in the end, he doesn't fight back when his master beats him to death, but people ignore the fact that he's taking the beating while refusing to rat out his fellow slaves. An Uncle Tom in the sense that we now understand it would have ratted them out in an instant

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yeah, I actually read Uncle Tom's Cabin back in college, and while I understood why there were certain elements of the character that carried over to the term that we now know today, I was :ohhh:at how different the actual Uncle Tom was from the term Uncle Tom lol

Yes, in the end, he doesn't fight back when his master beats him to death, but people ignore the fact that he's taking the beating while refusing to rat out his fellow slaves. An Uncle Tom in the sense that we now understand it would have ratted them out in an instant

Exactly@the spoiler

That's what I'm getting at, how grossly misinformed we allow ourselves to be. nikkaz use words out of context cuz they don't know wtf shyt even means.

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
True, but even with the way the word has changed, I honestly believe that if both MLK and Malcolm were still alive today they would STILL have a problem with black folks saying it

I believe they would too.

I think the people who experienced racial oppression more and people who've being called nigg(er) would have a problem with the word nikka.

The post generations who haven't experienced those things, don't know the extent of the word and how it hurts psychological and physically.

When you think about young whites using nikka, they don't the full extent of the history behind the word except that they're not suppose to use it.

Schools in America don't give you the full history of America.

Daps
Yeah that's great, but lets talk about how people incorrectly use antebellum racial slurs. :ehh:

@bk @Brooklynzson Yall don't mind if this thread gets stickied do yall? I think we really need to have this talk.

Lets also discuss the people who throw around and abuse these terms are nowhere to be seen in this thread :mjpeas::mjpls::mjpeas:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly@the spoiler

That's what I'm getting at, how grossly misinformed we allow ourselves to be. nikkaz use words out of context cuz they don't know wtf shyt even means.

to be fair, that's more than just an ignorant Coli poster problem

Malcolm X himself was calling black men Uncle Toms back in the day. Though he was probably referring more towards the character not fighting back physically when attacked

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I don't see a problem with nikka because I believe in my heart thats what this society thinks of us and places us no matter what. So long as I know what I really am it doesn't matter. You gotta be naive as fukk if you think the majority of these cacs and their supporters don't feel that way.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
to be fair, that's more than just an ignorant Coli poster problem

Malcolm X himself was calling black men Uncle Toms back in the day. Though he was probably referring more towards the character not fighting back physically when attacked

He's said it so many times I can't remember if he meant it in that context but your right. I'm sure he meant it like how you're saying because he brought up fighting back a lot.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is hard to comprehend?:what:

You said a black man that refuses to date white women is a c00n and I asked how does that make him a c00n and then you started spewing some nonsense. Do you realize how that makes no fukking sense? :bryan:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You said a black man that refuses to date white women is a c00n and I asked how does that make him a c00n and then you started spewing some nonsense. Do you realize how that makes no fukking sense? :bryan:

I'm assuming he meant to say "black women" and still hasn't realized he made a typo. Either that or he's confused as hell

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm assuming he meant to say "black women" and still hasn't realized he made a typo. Either that or he's confused as hell

Breh, I rewrote what she typed and asked it to her just to make sure and she still told me yes. So I'm guessing she's just confused as hell . :bryan:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
It makes sense it's not my fault you don't understand simple things....and I said black women not white