What is a c00n?

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another problem with the word c00n is that it's entirely subjective

you've got dudes who live in the hood calling black folks who live in the burbs and are friends with white people c00ns for supposedly abandoning their people and forgetting where they come from. But then those same black folks who live in the burbs accuse the black folks who live in the hood of being a c00n for supposedly perpetuating stereotypes and not striving to do better

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
How come? No offense. :whoa: I'm just wondering because I guess most people on here would call a black man that dates white women a c00n. :ehh:
It's one thing to date none black women but to actual refuse to date black women to me is self hating. And c00ns do self hating things.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Using nigg(er) instead of nikka when references black people is c00ning

but there are some people who think that black folks even saying the word "nikka" is an example of c00ning, which is another example of how subjective the word is.

and yeah, I say nikka all the time. but before you respond by saying that it's cool for us to say it, think about whether someone like Malcolm X or MLK would approve of black folks using the word even as a "term of endearment."

Shyt is complicated

no.

girls just wanna have funds
Daps
Reppin
BRASIL
That's one definition I'm actually really interested in learning, 'cause we have no equivalent term for it in portuguese that I know of.

Like, what does c00ning mean? From what I've gathered, it's someone who's ashamed of their race and drowning in self-hatred or whatever?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Interesting responses. Now what if I told you by the standards of a 19th century southern cac slave owner he would consider the following people c00ns:

Black-Panther-Party-founders-newton-seale-forte-howard-hutton.jpg

chuck-D.jpg

m_x_1.gif

gil.jpg

marcus-garvey.jpg

40530_pro.jpg

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
but there are some people who think that black folks even saying the word "nikka" is an example of c00ning, which is another example of how subjective the word is.

and yeah, I say nikka all the time. but before you respond by saying that it's cool for us to say it, think about whether someone like Malcolm X or MLK would approve of black folks using the word even as a "term of endearment."

Shyt is complicated

The racial oppression then is different than now.

Saying nikka in the MLK or Malcolm X era or before was the equivalent to saying nigg(er).

Now, there are two terms and they have different meanings

Nigg(er) being a racist insult

Nigg(a) being a noun for blacks to describe something or someone

It's complicated, but you get see who's who when they're using the word whether its nigg(a) or nigg(er).

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

Saying nikka in the MLK or Malcolm X era or before was the equivalent to saying nigg(er).

No its no, black people been sayin nikka well before the Hip Hop era. Since Hip Hop was a street culture, and "nikka" was a more inside term with black folk it became popularized with Hip Hop culture.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting responses. Now what if I told you by the standards of a 19th century southern cac slave owner he would consider the following people c00ns:

Black-Panther-Party-founders-newton-seale-forte-howard-hutton.jpg

chuck-D.jpg

m_x_1.gif

gil.jpg

marcus-garvey.jpg

40530_pro.jpg

Somewhere down the line the words c00n and Uncle Tom became interchangeable, even though historically they mean completely different things. shyt, even the original Uncle Tom from Uncle Tom's Cabin is different than what the word refers to nowadays

they're both subjective terms that are constantly changing based on context, history and who is saying it

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
No its no, black people been sayin nikka well before the Hip Hop era. Since Hip Hop was a street culture, and "nikka" was a more inside term with black folk it became popularized with Hip Hop culture.

I never said they wasn't.

@Drew Wonder said that mlk or malcolm x would have saw nikka and nigg(er) being the same thing.

I was making a point that the two are different now compared to then with then being civil rights era and before.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Somewhere down the line the words c00n and Uncle Tom became interchangeable, even though historically they mean completely different things. shyt, even the original Uncle Tom from Uncle Tom's Cabin is different than what the word refers to nowadays

they're both subjective terms that are constantly changing based on context, history and who is saying it

And that's a problem, because those weren't subjective terms they have actual meanings that no one bothered to look up. It's actually ironic as hell that people call sellouts Uncle Tom's when Sambo was the one working for the white man.

It's not enough to say down with cacs, you gotta understand the subtle methods of misinformation used on black folk. :ld:

I never said they wasn't.

@Drew Wonder said that mlk or malcolm x would have saw nikka and nigg(er) being the same thing.

I was making a point that the two are different now compared to then with then being civil rights era and before.

My bad I ain't see that part.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's complicated, but you get see who's who when they're using the word whether its nigg(a) or nigg(er).

True, but even with the way the word has changed, I honestly believe that if both MLK and Malcolm were still alive today they would STILL have a problem with black folks saying it