what if Marvel had kept Edward Norton as Bruce Banner, instead of replacing him with Mark Ruffalo?

Daps
what if they had kept my nikka Ed? :to:

when Mark Ruffalo first appeared in the Avengers movie, I didnt like him

he came off too cocky to be Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner is supposed to be this skinny, wiry, geeky guy that's scared all the time, scared cause ppl are after him and scared because of what's inside him

instead Mark Ruffalo portrayed him as this cocky dude that played head games with Natasha (black widow) and goaded her into pulling a gun on him, to which made him even cockier

I think he got the role a LITTLE bit better in the 2nd Avengers... he was more laid back in the cut... Tony Stark was bullying him around a lil bit, plus the part where Scarlet witch was about to play with his head and he was standing on their ship, looking out, all apprehensive to whether he should get off the plane or not

so he played the part better in the 2nd film.

But Edward Norton nailed it perfectly the first time around. He was the best portrayal of Bruce Banner I've ever seen

plus he's a better actor than Ruffalo

Imagine how Edward Norton's scenes would've been in Avengers :whoo:

Edward Norton walking into a trap set by the Black Widow :ohlawd:

Edward Norton on the Shield helicarrier, all scared :ohlawd:

Loki playing mind games on Edward Norton :ohlawd:

Edward Norton on the streets of New York, riding up on a lil motorbike :ohlawd:

And before y'all say I'm tripping, why ain't Marvel making any more standalone Hulk movies? :ufdup:

cause they know ain't no way moviegoers are gonna go see a movie with Mark Rufallo by himself

HE NEEDS MORE PEOPLE :pacspit:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ed dropped out and then they replaced him. Not like they didn't want to keep him.

"My feeling was that I experimented and experienced what I wanted to," Norton said. "I really, really enjoyed it. And yet, I looked at the balance of time in life that one spends not only making those sorts of films but then especially putting them out, and the obligations that rightly come with that."

Norton said he "wanted more diversity" with his career, pointing out that the schedules for films he has appeared in recently, including Moonrise Kingdom, The Grand Budapest Hotel and Birdman, would have conflicted with the Avengers films. He added that he didn't want to be associated with just one iconic character.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Never cared for Ruffalo but it's not his fault the way things went down with Ed and Marvel.

Norton as Banner was just more believable to me and his chemistry with Downey, Jr, Jackson and Evans would've been dope as they played off of one another. :mjcry:

Besides, The Incredible Hulk is one of the best Marvel films to date :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Edward Norton was sleep walking through the entire movie whereas Ruffalo brought some much needed intensity to the character. Ruffalo is a far more natural actor than Norton too, in fact, he might be one of the most natural actors of all time, just because the man's not show boating his skills excessively trying to draw attention to his acting doesn't mean he isn't incredible at it.

I also disagree with the notion that Banner shouldn't be cocky. The whole "Banner is a scaredy cat" characterization is outdated as hell. The Avengers did the smart thing and finally evolved him beyond the Bill Bixby "I'm struggling with the Hulk" characterization and closer to how he has been in modern comics. Like all Marvel scientists Banner has a hint of arrogance and cockiness surrounding him, in fact in many stories he takes pleasure in out thinking his foes and even his peers, partly because it proves his superiority to the mindless Hulk, thus allowing him to believe he is the solution to the Hulk (if Banner can fix it, there's no need for the Hulk). This also allows him somewhat better control, all of which makes for a more interesting dynamic than the Jekyll & Hyde stuff.