What have they done to candy bars?

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
Its called re-sizing. Its basically shrinking food to save money while charging more but disguising it with something new to distract the consumer. Container shape is usually whats used so you don't notice you're getting less. Take snickers for example, they created a new wrapper to fit the smaller chocolate bar, the average person sees the word snickers spread across is like always but doesn't even notice the word got bigger but the candy bar got smaller. Mcdonalds shrunk the filet-o-fish when the fish they use got hard to farm. When a company comes out with a new container/wrapper/bottle they most likely have shrunk the product.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yup, our food is tainted with trash chemicals to make us docile and unhealthy. It's the new way of population control :gladbron:

Yep. It's pumped full of preservatives and chemicals and people wonder why they are twice as depressed, angry and pessimistic about life. Then the doctors are quick to prescribe you something, fattening the pockets of some pharmaceutical company. It's so demonic, friends.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
He's not lying though. I hear alot of people say this now about how coke in other countries tastes better because they still use real sugar whereas here in the states, they use high fructose corn syrup.

They still sell the sugar cane Coca Cola at Costco near my place here in San Diego. My dad was stoked to see it when I gave him a case last time he came to visit.

swimmingpools

strawberry bubblegum
Daps
Yep. It's pumped full of preservatives and chemicals and people wonder why they are twice as depressed, angry and pessimistic about life. Then the doctors are quick to prescribe you something, fattening the pockets of some pharmaceutical company. It's so demonic, friends.
Yeah and people still trying to ignore it. Complain about the price going up and the sizes shrinking, but still want to eat that frankenfood every day.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Regarding size, a company has three means of dealing with inflation (assuming that it does not want inflation to eat into its profit margin): (1) raise the price of its product, (2) reduce the quality of its product, or (3) reduce the size of its product (if applicable). It can also combine two or all of these factors in its strategy. Most consumers are very price conscious, meaning that the will notice price increases far more readily than a reduction in size or a decline in quality, so companies are very reluctant to raise prices. That leaves options 2 and/or 3. We can debate about the quality, but there is no doubt that candy companies have reduced the size of their candy bars. Consumers still pay the same price (or perhaps a bit more), but most are too stupid or unobservant to notice that they are paying the same amount for less. Isn't inflation wonderful? One nation, under God, and deep in debt...

This guy knows his stuff.

Mcdonalds french fries have been downsized as well.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
McDonald's smgdh....
I remember when the Big Mac's used to come with that big strip of cardboard wrapped around the middle of it so it wouldn't topple over, now them joints are the size of a sausage biscuit

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
He's not lying though. I hear alot of people say this now about how coke in other countries tastes better because they still use real sugar whereas here in the states, they use high fructose corn syrup.

That's true..Coke in Germany taste way better than the US stuff..

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
That high fructose corn syrup is deadly but it's in so many foods these days. What may not be known is that inflation isn't the only thing affecting the price. let's take snickers for example. any price increase of an ingredient comes back to the consumer. even a shortage affects us. less peanuts this year due to bad weather or something, more higher cost for the ones available. fuel price going up, they gotta make up the difference somehow. everything's connected in one big circle. Mars is a worldwide corporation, they can raise every candy bar they own a penny and make millions. but it will cost you more cuz you not the middle man and they stop gotta make their profit. if you notice all these candy bar price changes started when the fuel price started going up. I would like to know if anyone was around in the late 80s and early 90s to tell us how much the candy was back then. I can't remember that far back or rather had no knowledge of money anyways.

datmass

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all worried about candy prices going up, he'll I'd be worried if they weren't.

None of you find it strange that growing up a large pizza from Pizza Hut was 16 bucks but now you can get anything for 10? Labor costs didnt go down and neither did the facility rental, equipment, etc.... So that leaves just one are where they could have cut costs to bring down the price of the pizza. WTF KINDA INGREDIENTS ARE THEY PUTTING IN THOSE PIZZAS?
what happened to celeste pizza? they have different cheese and dough. the cheese is at a consistency to what i would consider to be a paste. the quality dropped to a point that doesnt make sense

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Y'all worried about candy prices going up, he'll I'd be worried if they weren't.

None of you find it strange that growing up a large pizza from Pizza Hut was 16 bucks but now you can get anything for 10? Labor costs didnt go down and neither did the facility rental, equipment, etc.... So that leaves just one are where they could have cut costs to bring down the price of the pizza. WTF KINDA INGREDIENTS ARE THEY PUTTING IN THOSE PIZZAS?
lil cesears is just practically giving them away :merchant: