What have they done to candy bars?

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I haven't noticed a difference. Just that the price keeps going up. What were they like sixty cents back then compared to over a dollar now. And butterfingers are still around and still will stick to your teeth like no other candy bar.
And break apart all over the place once you touch it

Daps
They still taste fine to me. Have they gotten smaller? I like to believe so... But I always buy the XL size anyway :ahh:

Koapa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Arlington, Tx.
Yo wtf are Snickers bars and Milky Ways the size of a finger now? Times that rough or is the fact that as a kid my hands were smaller that I remember them being so much bigger?
NO HOMO

Yo I notice this trend before the economy collapsed in 08. This was around the time SuperSize Me came out, where dude ate McDonald everyday for about a month and was about to die. So companies like McDonald's, Mars, Pepsi, Coca-Cola actually reduce the portion size and jacked up the cost.

Back in my college smoking days, my go to snack was a king size snickers, Arizona Tea, and devil squares cakes. When Mars decided to spilt the King size bars, I noticed that they actually reduced the size of the candy.

Playeroni

Aka Nasty Neighbor #CREEPLIFE
Daps
This right here is exactly the way everyone feels about everything that was good in their youth, ever. Listening to my grandfather talk about his WWII experience or my dad talking about how Coca Cola was so much better in the 60's sounds quite a bit like OP right now.

It's true though, have you tasted cereal lately? They've taken all the sugar out of it. I can't even eat apple jacks, or fruit loops anymore because they taste like cardboard boxes. Only ones that are still good are frosted flakes, and cinnamon toast crunch.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
It's true though, have you tasted cereal lately? They've taken all the sugar out of it. I can't even eat apple jacks, or fruit loops anymore because they taste like cardboard boxes. Only ones that are still good are frosted flakes, and cinnamon toast crunch.

To be honest, I haven't. I have a hearty egg sandwich every morning. :blessed:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Don't be fooled and believe that nonsense about things seem smaller because we are getting older. Nah they just cutting the size on candy chips and every other snack and raising the price at a crazy rate. The candy bar that used to cost us 50 cent is now the one they call the King size and charge like a dollar for. And now you have to pay at least two bucks for a decent size bag of chips since they have cut the size of them.

Commander in Chiefin

Passing blunts and bills $$$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Green Party
This right here is exactly the way everyone feels about everything that was good in their youth, ever. Listening to my grandfather talk about his WWII experience or my dad talking about how Coca Cola was so much better in the 60's sounds quite a bit like OP right now.
He's not lying though. I hear alot of people say this now about how coke in other countries tastes better because they still use real sugar whereas here in the states, they use high fructose corn syrup.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Y'all worried about candy prices going up, he'll I'd be worried if they weren't.

None of you find it strange that growing up a large pizza from Pizza Hut was 16 bucks but now you can get anything for 10? Labor costs didnt go down and neither did the facility rental, equipment, etc.... So that leaves just one are where they could have cut costs to bring down the price of the pizza. WTF KINDA INGREDIENTS ARE THEY PUTTING IN THOSE PIZZAS?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I haven't noticed a difference. Just that the price keeps going up. What were they like sixty cents back then compared to over a dollar now. And butterfingers are still around and still will stick to your teeth like no other candy bar.

man chocolate bars up here in cnada are like 1.25 ridic

i remember it being like 50-60 cents as a kid, sometimes buying 2 for 1 and ish

Brown Ant

Hunter-Gatherer
Daps
Reppin
a colony near you
Nothing tastes the same or feels like it was when I was growing up. Everything has been poisoned by the powers that be which started in the mid 90s SMH :(

Yup, our food is tainted with trash chemicals to make us docile and unhealthy. It's the new way of population control :gladbron:

It's obvious that most of America's health issues are due to the poison they put in our food.