What have they done to candy bars?

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Yo wtf are Snickers bars and Milky Ways the size of a finger now? Times that rough or is the fact that as a kid my hands were smaller that I remember them being so much bigger?
NO HOMO

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Nothing tastes the same or feels like it was when I was growing up. Everything has been poisoned by the powers that be which started in the mid 90s SMH :(

This right here is exactly the way everyone feels about everything that was good in their youth, ever. Listening to my grandfather talk about his WWII experience or my dad talking about how Coca Cola was so much better in the 60's sounds quite a bit like OP right now.

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
I'm not trippin about the taste. A Snickers bar is just as delicious as ever, but it's like the size of two Halloween sized candies now

Westwood

Pro
Daps
Regarding size, a company has three means of dealing with inflation (assuming that it does not want inflation to eat into its profit margin): (1) raise the price of its product, (2) reduce the quality of its product, or (3) reduce the size of its product (if applicable). It can also combine two or all of these factors in its strategy. Most consumers are very price conscious, meaning that the will notice price increases far more readily than a reduction in size or a decline in quality, so companies are very reluctant to raise prices. That leaves options 2 and/or 3. We can debate about the quality, but there is no doubt that candy companies have reduced the size of their candy bars. Consumers still pay the same price (or perhaps a bit more), but most are too stupid or unobservant to notice that they are paying the same amount for less. Isn't inflation wonderful? One nation, under God, and deep in debt...

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I haven't noticed a difference. Just that the price keeps going up. What were they like sixty cents back then compared to over a dollar now. And butterfingers are still around and still will stick to your teeth like no other candy bar.