What gym do you go to/train at?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Planet Fitness
When I got serious about working out the first thing I did was terminate my membership there.

My Anytime Fitness isn't my dream workout spot but it's light years better than PF. They have real free weights and a squat rack / power rack.

Planet Fitness is a place you can exercise in but it's not designed for you to make any progress. It exist to drain $10 a month from mass amounts of people who aren't serious about working out. The kinda people that join in January and by March they've quit and one day they're gonna go back so they don't terminate the membership cause it's only $10. They probably have more members paying them $10 a month that don't use the facilities than active members that do.

You walk in the place and they have this elitist attitude against serious lifters and all these cardio machines and they're serving pizza and bagels. There's a reason they don't have real free weights and all that. Cause they don't care to be a real gym. The place is the anti-gym. I've never seen a person judged at a real gym in the first place so what's with the whole no judgment zone thing anyway. People who are serious about working out if they see a fat person at a gym they think good for you you're taking action. They don't point and laugh.

I know $10 a month seems appealing but if I were you I'd find a better place to workout. You get what you pay for and you're not gonna make serious gains in a place like that using a bunch of weight lifting machines. Decent place for obese people who need to focus on doing more cardio and only lift to maintain whatever muscle mass they can. You'll always find an open cardio machine there.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
When I got serious about working out the first thing I did was terminate my membership there.

My Anytime Fitness isn't my dream workout spot but it's light years better than PF. They have real free weights and a squat rack / power rack.

Planet Fitness is a place you can exercise in but it's not designed for you to make any progress. It exist to drain $10 a month from mass amounts of people who aren't serious about working out. The kinda people that join in January and by March they've quit and one day they're gonna go back so they don't terminate the membership cause it's only $10. They probably have more members paying them $10 a month that don't use the facilities than active members that do.

You walk in the place and they have this elitist attitude against serious lifters and all these cardio machines and they're serving pizza and bagels. There's a reason they don't have real free weights and all that. Cause they don't care to be a real gym. The place is the anti-gym. I've never seen a person judged at a real gym in the first place so what's with the whole no judgment zone thing anyway. People who are serious about working out if they see a fat person at a gym they think good for you you're taking action. They don't point and laugh.

I know $10 a month seems appealing but if I were you I'd find a better place to workout. You get what you pay for and you're not gonna make serious gains in a place like that using a bunch of weight lifting machines. Decent place for obese people who need to focus on doing more cardio and only lift to maintain whatever muscle mass they can. You'll always find an open cardio machine there.
Yeah i hear you. The thing is I'm not trying to bulk up. I'm working manly on cardio and stay slim and getting cut. I'm 6'1" 185lbs and I'm trying to stay that way. I also like it because it's never full. Every anytime fitness I've been to is small AF and full all the time.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah i hear you. The thing is I'm not trying to bulk up. I'm working manly on cardio and stay slim and getting cut. I'm 6'1" 185lbs and I'm trying to stay that way. I also like it because it's never full. Every anytime fitness I've been to is small AF and full all the time.
I usually head to Anytime between the hours of 4-5 AM or 9-10 PM and there's almost nobody there. I grab a power rack and do my routine and then hit the freestrider or treadmill for a bit and I'm out. It's damn near like my own private workout spot at those times. Maybe 3 other people there if that.

If I can't do squats and deadlifts at a spot it's not worth whatever money they're charging.

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I usually head to Anytime between the hours of 4-5 AM or 9-10 PM and there's almost nobody there. I grab a power rack and do my routine and then hit the freestrider or treadmill for a bit and I'm out. It's damn near like my own private workout spot at those times. Maybe 3 other people there if that.

If I can't do squats and deadlifts at a spot it's not worth whatever money they're charging.
Yeah I feel you. I'm not lifting like that tho big dog