What gaming franchises would you say didn’t have “safe” sequels?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
no the fukk it isnt :mjlol:

WoW is the online unviverse of Azeroth that ties ALL warcraft games into it. It is not a direct sequel to an already PART 3 of the warcraft game :dahell:

The story of Warcraft 3 continued in WoW. Thats what sequels do, they continue the story.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
The story of Warcraft 3 continued in WoW. Thats what sequels do, they continue the story.
It also included stories from previous warcraft titles. It tied them all together into one universe. Illidan, lady vashj, ect, all from warcraft 3 arent even in vanilla WoW. They come later in an expansion.

So no, WoW is not a sequel to anything.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
He deserved it. Worst fukking sequel ever.

Street Fighter III was an unsafe sequel with how it got rid of almost all of the SF2 cast which Capcom found out was a huge mistake.
Yeah I was waiting for a sequel for 6 years and when it came out, I went straight back to Alpha and Vs.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It also included stories from previous warcraft titles. It tied them all together into one universe. Illidan, lady vashj, ect, all from warcraft 3 arent even in vanilla WoW. They come later in an expansion.

So no, WoW is not a sequel to anything.
Is Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King still not WoW?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Not even fan favorite... The main character of the first game and they did it 1 mission in... Then have you play as the bytch who killed him

That was absolutely crazy

I always thought Abbie was fine as a protagonist, but, they tried to have TWO protagonist, where the other protagonist was your antagonist :dahell:

Then, they used Joel as a "lady in a refrigerator"...but made Ellie hate him because of his actions of the first game...basically canonizing that Joel made the wrong decision :dahell: basically shytting on the plot of the previous game

Yes, sexism, homopobia, culture war etc. was a big part of the outrage

But, there are real critiques of the plot

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
have TWO protagonist, where the other protagonist was your antagonist :dahell:

Then, they used Joel as a "lady in a refrigerator"...but made Ellie hate him because of his actions of the first game...basically canonizing that Joel made the wrong decision

Naughty GOATS :wow:

And it didn’t really canonize a proper choice for part 1. Tt just means the choice Joel made had a certain set of consequences. The other choice would have had another horrible set of consequences

Its not a game series that deals with happy endings

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Naughty GOATS :wow:

And it didn’t really canonize a proper choice for part 1. Tt just means the choice Joel made had a certain set of consequences. The other choice would have had another horrible set of consequences

Its not a game series that deals with happy endings

And that's fine.

The legacy of the first game is ruminating on a set of bad decisions (Let your "daughter" die and MAYBE save the world or save your "daughter" and leave the world to a horrible disease).

The 2nd game basically said; Nah, fukk all that, Joel ain't shyt, It's Big Abby Tiger Woods Time, Son! :laugh: Curing the cordyceps became background to Ellie's revenge, building up Abby as a good person and fighting that Religious Cult.

Happy endings aren't the problem--\

Lee dying in Walking Dead was received very well.

--the plot was convoluted

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And that's fine.

The legacy of the first game is ruminating on a set of bad decisions (Let your "daughter" die and MAYBE save the world or save your "daughter" and leave the world to a horrible disease).

The 2nd game basically said; Nah, fukk all that, Joel ain't shyt, It's Big Abby Tiger Woods Time, Son! :laugh: Curing the cordyceps became background to Ellie's revenge, building up Abby as a good person and fighting that Religious Cult.

Happy endings aren't the problem--\

Lee dying in Walking Dead was received very well.

--the plot was convoluted

Joel dying like Lee would have been wack and predictable, especially since walking dead came out before TLOU

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:yeshrug: I have no problem with the advertisement. Kojima, Marvel, hell movie trailers for years been doing it. What I do agree with you own is the pacing, and I’ll add the length of the game too. Other then that I love this game.
:salute:

The gameplay and design along with the stealth was so damn good that I really didn’t care that much about the story. 9 times out of 10 the gameplay and fun factor are more important to me than the story, friend. :manny:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Joel dying like Lee would have been wack and predictable, especially since walking dead came out before TLOU
Giz' you know that was not my point :snoop:

I am fine with;
  • Joel dying
  • Joel dying suddenly and unexpectedly and unceremoniusly
  • Joel dying suddenly and unexpectedly by the hands of the daughter of some random NPC from the first game
  • Joel dying suddenly and unexpectedly by the hands of the daughter of some random NPC from the first game and you being "forced" to play as her for the rest of the game
:whoa:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Is Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King still not WoW?
there's no point in this as u clearly dont know what a sequel is compared to a whole new game that combines all the lore and stories from warcraft 1,2 and 3

:pachaha:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Assassin's Creed Origins, changing from a stealth game with parkour to an RPG with no current times gameplay nor stealth nor assassin's guild was crazy
Assassin’s Creed Origins and Odyssey have some of the best stealth opportunities in the franchise. That self guiding arrow bow was a stealth lovers dream, friend. :blessed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Giz' you know that was not my point :snoop:

I am fine with;
  • Joel dying
  • Joel dying suddenly and unexpectedly and unceremoniusly
  • Joel dying suddenly and unexpectedly by the hands of the daughter of some random NPC from the first game
  • Joel dying suddenly and unexpectedly by the hands of the daughter of some random NPC from the first game and you being "forced" to play as her for the rest of the game
:whoa:

I’m not mad at anyone for not likin the way it played out, but if they didn’t do it, it would have never been done.

Thats kind of what I mean by unsafe. You gotta have a game where you gotta fight a beloved character of the franchise as a boss.