What games are you playing on the PS5 at launch...?

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
This launch is much better than PS4 imo. Only game I was really hype for was Resogun.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
for me...
  • astro’s playroom (comes with PS5)
  • spider-man miles morales
  • madden 21 (on the fence about this)
  • cyberpunk (PS4 version is playable on PS5)
plus I have a decent amount of PS4 games I haven’t played yet most of which I hope are BC

glad I asked cuz that’s 3 games now that I wasn’t aware of/forgot about that might make the cut...

kena (very possible)

returnal (possible)

COD (possible)

still looking forward to astro bot playroom and miles morales...madden’s a dub...cyberpunk might be a dub for now (we’ll find out next month)...COD is a dub but I’m now interested in sackboy and ac valhalla...kena and returnal are temporarily dubs til Q1 2021

*edit*

might consider the pathless as well

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
for me...
  • astro’s playroom (comes with PS5)
  • madden 21 (on the fence about this)
  • cyberpunk (PS4 version is playable on PS5)

so my launch lineup ended up being...
  • astro's playroom
  • the pathless (this game is a real surprise and my favorite one so far)
  • demon’s souls
  • borderlands 3 (PS4 game but received a PS5 update so it’s not just BC)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^

gonna go ahead and add ‘sackboy: a big adventure’ to the mix...I’m about to beat the pathless soon and am done with astro and miles morales for the most part

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
so my launch lineup ended up being...
  • astro's playroom
  • demon’s souls

Surprised I didn't post in this thread. This what my line-up was. I'll get the Pathless by the weekend. Might get DMCSE too, but even tho it's already lower priced, I'm thinking of waiting for a price drop on it, since I already beat the original one.

Funny enough, despite all the pushbacks, this launch was still great overall.

Spider-Man isn’t enough for me...I’m actually not 100% sure I’m getting either console at launch after seeing their mediocre launch titles. I haven’t really seen a leap worth getting them yet...at least not day one. It’s a shame. I was pretty amped.

Welp, your post aged well, didn't it, you bum.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Surprised I didn't post in this thread. This what my line-up was. I'll get the Pathless by the weekend. Might get DMCSE too, but even tho it's already lower priced, I'm thinking of waiting for a price drop on it, since I already beat the original one.

Funny enough, despite all the pushbacks, this launch was still great overall.

Welp, your post aged well, didn't it, you bum.
Christmas kind of changed my mind on waiting for it. My son been asking me for a PlayStation for his room so I’m gonna give him my PS4 and get him a bunch of games for it. :yeshrug:

But yeah...the line up is still weak. If someone doesn’t have a ps5 right now they aren’t missing out on anything major for real for real. Miles Morales is dope but it isn’t the end all be all of games. I’m glad I have it and was excited when I finally beat the bots, but now that I have it, I still feel like there aren’t enough games for it. That’ll change soon enough though so it’s all good either way.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...I just hope it gets more challenging

enjoying the game even tho it’s a bit too “kiddie” and still not all that challenging yet...for those who can wait this would be a very good pickup for $29.99

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
enjoying the game even tho it’s a bit too “kiddie” and still not all that challenging yet...for those who can wait this would be a very good pickup for $29.99

game is growing on me...the 2 little levels on the interstellar junction section won me over...fun game...some sections have really good music selections...I’m actually glad that it’s not too intimidating as a platformer...if you die you pretty much start off where you die from...NES platformers have scarred me for life...for the most part you had 3 lives and you were done no matter where you were at in the game :sadcam:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
game is growing on me...the 2 little levels on the interstellar junction section won me over...fun game...some sections have really good music selections...I’m actually glad that it’s not too intimidating as a platformer...if you die you pretty much start off where you die from...NES platformers have scarred me for life...for the most part you had 3 lives and you were done no matter where you were at in the game :sadcam:

Word. Tho the fact that you even have a life counter is surprising for a modern platformer these days. Most new ones have unlimited lives. Even the new Crash you can opt to turn off the limited life counter in place of having just a death counter that still has some merit to unlockable/completionist progression, but you can play the levels indefinitely with that turned on.

Game is great. I play with my daughter only so far or occasionally with the wife as well sometimes. I've yet to play it solo, but I should just in order to beat it faster since my daughter be trolling half the time we play which costs us level progress.

Are you playing alone or with anyone? I wonder when the online co-op is going to be turned on.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
so, going off that list alone it would be

spider-man
Returnal
Astrobot( this comes with the console, like last time, right?)

hopefully, more stuff gets announced for launch.

damn, demon souls wasn’t even on my list.
I ended up with:

Miles morales
Astrobot
Demon Souls.

and it’s been great so far. Especially considering I still have some PS4 games to finish as well.